DODGE RAM FORUM banner

2021 Ram 1500 tow package

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  topgun 
#1 ·
Trying to narrow the list piece down. My trailers are 6000-8500lbs.

two options I’m looking at, both eco diesel with 3.92, both night edition, but Laramie vs Limited.

Laramie has the tow package.
Limited does not have the tow package, but inside it has the trailer brake controller in the dash, the mirrors, etc. only thing that seems to be missing is the reverse steering.

any thoughts on what else the limited is missing from the tow package? Not that I need it, but can the reverse steering be added by the dealer?

#2 ·
Thinking it is just missing the reverse steering and the trailer TPMS system. Comes with 4 sensors for your trailer tires. The trailer brake control can be had without the complete package. Download the brochure and see the details.

I'm not sold on the reverse steering. Go to You tube and watch it demonstrated in a video. Not sure if it can be added. If you really want that option, I'd get the truck with it factory installed. You could also order the exact truck you want. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.