DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a 2022 ram 2500 cummins with 5k miles. I have noticed a weird noise. The best way to describe it is like a loud hum or humming flutter noise. It’s sounds like its coming from the left side of the engine bay(drivers side). I noticed it after or during turning. Anyone have any idea?

·
Vendor
260 Posts
Does it happen when turning either direction? Or is it worse when turning one direction? If a wheel bearing were failing, the noise coming from the left would usually get louder when turning right, but I'd be surprised to see that at 5K miles. My other thought is a loose fender liner could be rubbing the tire?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does it happen when turning either direction? Or is it worse when turning one direction? If a wheel bearing were failing, the noise coming from the left would usually get louder when turning right, but I'd be surprised to see that at 5K miles. My other thought is a loose fender liner could be rubbing the tire?
It’s sounds engine related. Almost like a loud fan humming. Only happens hitting the gas. So no wheel bearings or fender liner type issue.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It happens at low speed, like driving around a parking lot. It sounds like a vroooooommmmmm (i know that sound stupid) but that the best way I can explain it. It might be normal idk.

·
Registered
1 Posts
mine is the same 2500 limited with 6.7 Cummins makes the same sound starting out. Goes away after a short while. I know there's nothing to worry about but would like to know too. could this be the turbo?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
mine is the same 2500 limited with 6.7 Cummins makes the same sound starting out. Goes away after a short while. I know there's nothing to worry about but would like to know too. could this be the turbo?
Let me post a youtube video really quick. It’s hard to hear but better than nothing.

·
Registered
12 Posts
It having air in the system can cause a similar sound but usually you would have low fluid level that lead to air coming into to system. It’s just atf fluid you can extract some of it to have it at the right level. You can jack the front of the truck up, open the cap, turn the truck on and have someone turn it lock to lock as you look for air bubbles. But again with the fuild level so high I don’t think that’s the issue but I would still get it to the right level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It having air in the system can cause a similar sound but usually you would have low fluid level that lead to air coming into to system. It’s just atf fluid you can extract some of it to have it at the right level. You can jack the front of the truck up, open the cap, turn the truck on and have someone turn it lock to lock as you look for air bubbles. But again with the guild level so high I don’t think that’s the issue but I would still get it to the right level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Okay will do! thank you. I also noticed the other reservoirs were over filled also.. I know you have to check some during running temps and others at cold but there all are way over.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Just picked up a 2022 ram 2500 cummins with 5k miles. I have noticed a weird noise. The best way to describe it is like a loud hum or humming flutter noise. It’s sounds like its coming from the left side of the engine bay(drivers side). I noticed it after or during turning. Anyone have any idea?
Hey there,

We're sorry to hear of the trouble you’re experiencing. If you decide to address this concern with your certified XXXX dealer, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Callie
Ram Cares

1 - 18 of 18 Posts