DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, first time poster here.

I just got my 20X10 Rockstars in and had them mounted and balanced at a professional shop. The tchs informed me that the hub is too small for the space in the rim and I should use Hub Centric Rings.

I'm just wondering if anyone has already done this on the 20X10 rockstars.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
No Issues here, fit perfectly fine!
For your 08 it might be a touch different though, sorry can't help you with that.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, looks awesome!!

I watched them put the rim on, and I could see that the hub was too small, and the pressure would rest solely on the studs. It's a cheap option, so if it will help the life of my rims, I'll go for it.

If you have any advice\tips on these wheels, please let me know!

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Wow, looks awesome!!

I watched them put the rim on, and I could see that the hub was too small, and the pressure would rest solely on the studs. It's a cheap option, so if it will help the life of my rims, I'll go for it.

If you have any advice\tips on these wheels, please let me know!
See hub centric rims, tons of people have different opinions on them.

Been to a few shops and I hear both arguments.

Not Hub Centric: They say the rim should never rest on the hub in the first place, it is the studs job to hold it in position and take the load

Hub Centric: They say its easier to install because you just shove it over the hub and bolt the puppy on, but with hub centric rims you still notice a touch of play (1/16") possibly. So even with the hub centric rims your rims will not (well shouldn't) rest the load on the hub itself.

Again, its who you go to and what their opinions are. I know tons of guys who run rims that aren't hub centric they just need to make sure they are put on correctly so the rim isn't off centre

·
Registered
355 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but Bordin do you know what the backspacing on the wheels are? Almost all I have looked at are about 4.6" backspace, just wanting to confirm that they will be tucked in to the wheel well...I had some on my 98 that stuck out pretty far, made for cool pics while mudding but I'm really not into the whole mexi (or "Baja" for you sensitive types) look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts