DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ipod has been working on my system since I bought the truck almost a year ago. Just recently, it will not play any of the songs on it. I can browse all the files/artists/songs/playlists...etc on my Ipod, but whenever I try to play any songs, it just freezes and will not play. I can hit the pause button, next song button, everything, it just will not play. I took my ipod out of my truck and it played fine on my Bose system in the house. I also hooked it up to my itunes to make sure it was updated. It works fine everywhere else except in my truck wether its connected to something or not. Does anybody have any ideas as to what the problem could be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
check the plug connection where it plugs into, mine jiggled loose one time and did this. if not that make sure the ends on each connection are strait and not bent! good luck!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I would check all the plug ends for any bent connection, but try your dealership to see if there is an update for your head unit if it is an RER/REN mygig unit, those updates tend to fix some hiccups from time to time,

either that or since your truck is a 2100 there may only be a fix in the future hahahaha sorry buddy couldn't resist.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Did you ever get this issue fixed? Mine just started doing the same thing yesterday. Its reading the ipod, and i cant go threw all the songs and etc. but it just wont play. Im gonna head to the dealership and have them check it out, just sucks cause they don't reopen till Tues.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
Have you tried doing a full system reset. (disconnect battery cable for 30 minutes) ?

I have also noticed that an iPod with large memory (greater than 16Gb) and fully loaded with music does not behave well. I purchased a 16Gb ipod shuffle and all my iPod issues disappeared. The odd time when I need to hook up my 64Gb iPod Touch, I have random issues.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
I went to one of the Ipod forums
I had typed something into Google like

Chrysler RER radio Ipod issues

at one forum it read something about turning the ignition key, connect Ipod, turn Ipod off & do something else, it reboots something
I'm sure you can find out what it is by using a Google search

You radios ID is located at the lower right corner of your radio, 3 letters

By the way there is a site that you might also check out
http://mofv.com/mygig

Good Luck

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
2100??? doh...:doh: i meant 2011 :D

got it fixed. it ended up being an apple problem, not dodge. i tried my wifes ipod on my cable and hers worked fine. i tried my ipod on her cable, and the same thing, no play. i ended up reseting my ipod, and it started to work again. my ipod worked on everything else except in my truck, and i couldn't figure out why, so i ended up doing a reset of my ipod. i'm glad i had my wifes ipod to do some testing with. atleast that way i didn't have to reset the computer or anything. every thing is again working like it should. my ipod is a 8gb 5th gen nano. thanks for all the ideas, and i hope this helps if someone else has this same problem.

·
Registered
201 Posts

got it fixed. it ended up being an apple problem, not dodge. i tried my wifes ipod on my cable and hers worked fine. i tried my ipod on her cable, and the same thing, no play. i ended up reseting my ipod, and it started to work again. my ipod worked on everything else except in my truck, and i couldn't figure out why, so i ended up doing a reset of my ipod. i'm glad i had my wifes ipod to do some testing with. atleast that way i didn't have to reset the computer or anything. every thing is again working like it should. my ipod is a 8gb 5th gen nano. thanks for all the ideas, and i hope this helps if someone else has this same problem.
Just got back from Dodge and thats exactally what it was. Too bad I did't see ur post first.

·
Registered
22,788 Posts
No Worries....we knew what you meant. LOL

......got it fixed. it ended up being an apple problem, not dodge. i tried my wifes ipod on my cable and hers worked fine. i tried my ipod on her cable, and the same thing, no play. i ended up reseting my ipod, and it started to work again. my ipod worked on everything else except in my truck, and i couldn't figure out why, so i ended up doing a reset of my ipod. i'm glad i had my wifes ipod to do some testing with. atleast that way i didn't have to reset the computer or anything. every thing is again working like it should. my ipod is a 8gb 5th gen nano. thanks for all the ideas, and i hope this helps if someone else has this same problem.
Now there is a suggestion that I 'Should' have mentioned....speaking of a :doh: moment!

Good troubleshooting on your part. :smileup:
Really good to hear that you have it all up and running.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts