DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for any 22" rim owner on a 4th gen stock height.. I was told by my rim shop that if I by 22" x 9.5" rockstar rims they will stick out an 1.5" is this correct ?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Depends on the offset of the rim.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Be warned I have 22" KMC monsters and you can not get them to fit without spacer/adapter, order spacer/adapter 3.5 weeks ago and they will finally be here tomorrow

·
Registered
28 Posts
337Ram, are the spacers required just for the 22" wheels...or any KMC Monster wheel? I really like those, and have been considering them. Thanks for the craniums-up!

·
Registered
406 Posts
So far as I know just KMC, when you hit 22s in there XDs you only have 2 offsets to choose from, one is the +18 0r 22 I cant remember, its the one I got that KMC said would fit, it comes roughly a little over 1/2" from mounting up before you hit. The other is a -44 and they said you wouldnt need a spacer but tire would stick out @4" and you would have to cut/modify your truck for turning.........Hopefully ill have my 22s on some time this weekend and ill post pics

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I called a rim shop for any info on how they will sit on an 09 ram and he said the 22" xd rockstars will have to be at a +38 o/s he did not mention anything on the spacers I would need ?

·
Registered
406 Posts
If your buying local go for it, I called KMC main distr about info on my XD 22s and if they would fit bla bla bla, anyways they promised me they would so I order via internet, needless to say 4.5 weeks later I finally just got my adapter/spacers in because they wont fit. If you buying locall you would have the ability to return them etc, I was stuck, its either spend 200 on adapters/spacers or pay return shipping plus re-stocking fee

These trucks are a major pain in the butt with spacing etc

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If your buying local go for it, I called KMC main distr about info on my XD 22s and if they would fit bla bla bla, anyways they promised me they would so I order via internet, needless to say 4.5 weeks later I finally just got my adapter/spacers in because they wont fit. If you buying locall you would have the ability to return them etc, I was stuck, its either spend 200 on adapters/spacers or pay return shipping plus re-stocking fee

These trucks are a major pain in the butt with spacing etc
But my question is they come in 3 different offsets for a 22x9.5 XD775 (rockstars) why couldnt they use a less offset one ? because +38 is the highest one ?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts