DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could i go with 24 inch rims with a low pro tire without a lift or level. What is the biggest rim i could go with?
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
747 Posts
Sure as long as the width and offset are proper.
305/35/24 would be just slightly smaller than your stock wheels ( 32.4' vs 32.9') or 305/40/24 would be slightly larger than stock at 33.6".
You could even do a 305/30/26 which would be 33.2" tall.

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
You can easily do 24s and still run a 40 series tire. i'd stick with a 40 series tire aince you'd still have a decent amount of side wall for ride quality. I run a 45 series on my 22s with a 2.4 drop on my 4x4 and I still have some gap. For the wheel, I wouldn't go any wider than 9.5 inches unless you have some serious offset or very large backspace since you'd start rubbing on the control arms when you turn. If you've got a 2wd, have you though about offset rims? Wider in the rear, you can easily get a 12" wheel in the back, but still use a 9.5" up front.

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
There was a guy running 28s if not 30s on here for a while but he disappeared. I plan on running at least 26s if not 28s (prolly 26s though i dont think DPE makes a 28 and im in love with their stuff plus have a good friend that works there that will hook me up) but they will be custom measured and will fit right the first time

1 - 4 of 4 Posts