DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a new Dodge ram 2500 Cummins Diesel truck from Bill Luke Dodge and the engine light continuously comes on. I had to the shop 4 times in 4 months and it still comes on. I was told at the dealership it is OK to drive it with the light on, which I do not want to do, since I purchased it to haul horses. Is anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Get stuff like this in writing from the dealer, so if anything happens, there's an accountability trail.

That being said- either take it back to your dealer, or find a new dealership for a 2nd opinion. The engine light is telling you there's a fault code somewhere that needs attention.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well I don't drive a Diesel (Hopefully one day), but I don't have this issue. I personally would not accept the solution of the dealership, a dealership shouldn't take away the fun of driving a Ram. The Ram Trucks come with a 36,000 Miles bumper to bumper warranty, so why not use it? I mean you payed for it. The dealership is responsible for taking care of this issue, if you have a talk with your service advisor or his manager(stay friendly and nice of course) there should be something they can do. If not and I don't know the exact rules that apply for it, but you can look into the lemon-law. I hope this helps, hope you enjoy your Ram for many years to come.

Dutch Dodge

·
Registered
23 Posts
Tom I take it you just bought it used a 2010? They had after burner issues with soot in the exhaust box and since replaced that style. I'd look to aftermarket changes to help with that and the dealer should do them

1 - 4 of 4 Posts