DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting ready to order a 2018 2500 laramie with the sport package, and plow package, I plan to install a Boss V plow, and I’m wondering if I will have any issues with the front bumper or air dam, I currently have a 2016 1500 sport and I believe that you couldn’t mount a plow on a sport. Any info would be greatly appreciated, pics of 2500s with sport package and plow mount installed even better...thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
I have 2016 ram 2500 laramie sport and run an 8' SnowEx straight blade HARD and not 1 issue...ive gone for 20 hrs straight, i did about 60 hrs total this past season, never once did I notice any heating issues. They will probably have to cut the lower bumper valance for the bracket, but no big deal. I have the 6.4 HEMI by the way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
2018 2500 Laramie with plow

I have a 2018 2500 Laramie that I installed a Western Stainless V-Plow on. I do not have the Sport Package but do not see that much difference in where the Valance attaches. It was all plug and play with the controllers and the Rams factory wiring. I had a Boss V-plow on another truck and now prefer the Western.
Last winter I did a 600 mile trip with the plow on and had absolutely no overheating issues even at highway speeds going up hills. Temps went up to around 215 to 220 max. This 6.4 normally runs around 205 to 215 even in the summer.
I remove the lower hitch assembly from the truck when the plowing season is over and replace the Valance for better appearance and air flow. There are 10 bolts to remove it, while part of the mount stays on the truck for easy re-mounting.
The pictures show where the lower mounts are located in relation to the bumper. There were a set of brackets mounted to the bottom of the frame near the front that were removed to allow for the Western mount.
Looking at the sport pic on this link I don't see that much difference at the bottom of the bumper. http://news.pickuptrucks.com/2017/07/ram-refreshes-appearance-packages-for-2018.html

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts