DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help with advice I am about to take a loss on a bad investment.
added 26” rims to my 2016 Ram and now wobbles on highway.
One shop told me burn it all.
Belle “””” told me it is what it is.

why didn’t the shop who sold me rims warn me? I feel cheated.

do I take rims off and go back stock?
last effort before pulling off truck.

Any help please. Don’t know much first set of rims. Hating myself rn
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky

looks fantastic but not worth the shake to me. I tried the road balance today.
can anyone help

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
everyone has a style 26" is not mine.. but take it back to the shop you got them from and fight them on this. Its a bad tire or bad rim and if they just sold em to you it will have warranty.. They need to fix the issue your truck was fine before the install they really do not have a choice. Not sure about over their but in Canada if you do not feel comfortable with the original shop doing the work you can take it to another shop and have work done and the first shop will have to pay the bill.. I just went through this with a shop and they tried getting out of it until i showed them the law
I drove to Detroit 2 and half hours away now they will not return my calls. Might have to take a ride again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Put the wheels in the bed back on the truck , or find a shop that knows what they are doing . Unless a tire is defective these should be made to work.
I am about to put the ones in the bed back on and take the 3000 dollar hit. Just trying to search all options before losing the money is all. But most likely will end up with the oem rims back on truck. The look is not worth sacrificing the ride

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Agree with namretsud the letter will let them know you are serious. As far as the factory rims you have a beautiful truck either way. Nice ride
Thanks everyone really appreciate. Like I said before one last chance before being out of the money. 95% sure the stock rims are going back on. Can’t sacrifice the hood ride for the looks. I would not let them destroy the truck. 78k miles hopping to keep around for awhile yet

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
While i agree with this its a tricky situation as soon as you mention the word lawyer to a shop they can now refuse all contact with you... Even if they are in the wrong so now all communication has to go through the lawyer and courts... As mush as i hate to say it and use it this day and age it is more detrimental to the shop if you threaten to post this to local social media where the shop is.. From experience and seeing it happen as soon as you threaten them with this or post this they make things right as the loss from the bad publicity is worse than anything else and can bankrupt a company. I have saved this as a last resort, as soon as i threaten this they come good very quickly
Funny you mention that he had prints asking ppl to post on social media. Also the last thing he asked was to make sure to post something great for him.
I am saving that for just about now actually. He will get my post, he may not like it but I will be doing it my way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Road force balance? Did the tech say one or more wheels took an abnormal amount of weight? Have you tried rotating to pinpoint the issue, maybe it's all of them I've never owned donks.

Try to narrow it down between the tire/wheel and send back to manufacturer, unacceptable for the price we pay on aftermarket items. If they were used, well best of luck...
Asked Belle Tiee to road force balance not sure how it’s measured the number he told me was 75 they got them down to 72. Said normally they would take a tire at 75 and he could get to a 25. So he was not able to do much for them at all. So little they didn’t charge me. Helped a little bit still has the shake. Pretty sure I just made a bad investment. Just wanted to try all I could. Pretty sure I am swapping back to stock and taking the hit.

I appreciate everyone and their feedback. Feel I did try all I could before losing the money. Going to try and sell the rims for all I can get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts