DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 1500 hemi 2wd, with 22" rims and 305/40/22 tires. i want to do a level kit to even out my trucks stance, and then get some all terrain tires for my 22" rims...

my first question has to do with the level kit. im looking at the 1.5" daystar level kit for 06-08 2wd models, and i just want to know if there are any problems what so ever that i could have with putting a level kit on my truck. i would have a shop install it with an alignment, but would there be any issues. vibrations or noises or ride quality issues. any input would be highly appreciated..

lastly, i was looking at the Cooper Zeon ltz 305/50/22 tires after the level kit. any body have these or ever had them? pics and input on these tires would be great, thanks!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
are there any 2wd leveled trucks out there at all? i jut have some questions about daystar spacers. i need to know if i NEED to replace the front shocks after installing the spacers with longer ones? if any body can help that would be great, thank you.

·
Registered
21,490 Posts
My truck is a 4x4 . But I did install the Daystar 2" in the front of my truck . Did not change my shocks , but I'm sure I'm close to being maxed out . Truck rides fine afterwards .

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had the Cooper Zeon Ltzs on my last truck (01 gmc sierra z71.... i know i know) anyways they were great.. i did alot of riding on the sand dunes and the street and they have always performed better than i expected. A great tire in my opinion and plan on getting them again for my ram when the good years wear out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Got the 2'' ones. love it! no problems so far. Longer shocks are recomemded but i didnt do it. rides fine, you'll need an alignment.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the input guys.. i really appreciate it. i think im going to install the 2" daystars and then go for the cooper's.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I would go with a 3" Spindle Lift to keep your stock geometry and shocks.
I'm looking to level an 09 Ram 4WD Quad Cab when I get back from Iraq, and I've seen the Daystar 1.5"-2.5" Level Kits all over the place, but who makes the 3" Spindle one? (I'm new to suspension mods, but I know my way around a tool box)

·
Registered
425 Posts
I realize that the last response to this was a while ago but i have a 08 2wd 1500 and i am gonna level it but i wasn't sure if the 1.5" would level it fully or if i should put on the 2" but the whole chock thing is kinda a worry for me? -Thanks

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
I realize that the last response to this was a while ago but i have a 08 2wd 1500 and i am gonna level it but i wasn't sure if the 1.5" would level it fully or if i should put on the 2" but the whole chock thing is kinda a worry for me? -Thanks
Welcome to the forum bud, we're glad to have you here. From what I have seen, 2" is what you need to sit perfectly level. I have the 2" level on mine, and it's perfectly level. A 1.5" wouldn't look bad, but if you want it to sit completely even, I don't think 1.5" is enough.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I just did a 2" level on my 2007 2WD. It is highly recommended to get new shocks. The ones for a 2500/3500 are exactly 2" longer and work great. I got the Bilstein HD's all around. Ride is much better than stock. I then put on a higher load rated tire, adn it is a little rougher, but would have been horrible with stock shocks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just did a 2" level on my 2007 2WD. It is highly recommended to get new shocks. The ones for a 2500/3500 are exactly 2" longer and work great. I got the Bilstein HD's all around. Ride is much better than stock. I then put on a higher load rated tire, adn it is a little rougher, but would have been horrible with stock shocks.
What sizes wheel and tire combo did you install?, also what company for the 2" leveling i also have a 07 2wd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts