DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The Lift is finally complete. TGC 3.5" lift, it doesn't sound big till you put it on the 2500 which is already tall from the factory. Now getting in and out is tough..LOL, 20x10 Rockstar rims with 35"/12.50 Nitto trail grapplers.

Attachments

·
Registered
662 Posts
Looks great!! What's the backspacing on those Rockstars?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looks great!! What's the backspacing on those Rockstars?
Thanks, it is 4.5" I believe, I had some rubbing on the inner rear fender well which I ended up trimming easily.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
looks soooo good! those wheels stick way out there, I like it!! I have decided my next truck is a 2500, but I need a few more OT shifts for that lol

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
looks soooo good! those wheels stick way out there, I like it!! I have decided my next truck is a 2500, but I need a few more OT shifts for that lol
When you do get it, make sure you get the 4:10 rear. I was worried about power and mileage and that wasn't even an issue. Power seems exactly the same and mileage wise I lost 1 mpg and sometimes only 3/4 mile (depending on highway use vs stop & go), not bad for the look achieved with a 35'' tire.

·
Registered
125 Posts
yup looks wicked good. cant say anything bad about it. now i hope my truck can handle 35' tires. i only got 3.73 rear end. haha whatever. anyways very nice indeed hope you get your rig to where you want it eventually.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup looks wicked good. cant say anything bad about it. now i hope my truck can handle 35' tires. i only got 3.73 rear end. haha whatever. anyways very nice indeed hope you get your rig to where you want it eventually.
Thanks man, your truck will handle it with 3:73's, the only time you will really notice it is if your towing anything over 5K. These motors are powerful, at almost 400hp and 407 ft pounds of torque, its a breeze with these tire set ups.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
When you do get it, make sure you get the 4:10 rear. I was worried about power and mileage and that wasn't even an issue. Power seems exactly the same and mileage wise I lost 1 mpg and sometimes only 3/4 mile (depending on highway use vs stop & go), not bad for the look achieved with a 35'' tire.
ya I would deffinetly get the 4.10, my sisters bf is about to buy a brand new cummins as his everyday driver, so I will have about a year after he gets it to see how he likes it before I can afford to step into a new truck. once agin your set up looks awesome!

·
Registered
3,100 Posts
Looks great! Those rear tires really stick out!! Time for some mud flaps!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Looks great! Those rear tires really stick out!! Time for some mud flaps!
Thanks man, I will install OE type fender flares soon.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Ive got 3.92's in, and the difference in Ratios is so small that I thought about changing to 4.10's but its so small that I wouldnt notice the difference.

One question, when you changed tires, did your Low tire light come on? Ive heard that when you upgrade to bigger tires that it will effect the low tire sensor. You had any problems with that?

Oh, and nice SILVER paint. Im going to have to have my ENTIRE truck repainted.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ive got 3.92's in, and the difference in Ratios is so small that I thought about changing to 4.10's but its so small that I wouldnt notice the difference.

One question, when you changed tires, did your Low tire light come on? Ive heard that when you upgrade to bigger tires that it will effect the low tire sensor. You had any problems with that?

Oh, and nice SILVER paint. Im going to have to have my ENTIRE truck repainted.
I had the low tire come on mysteriuosly this weekend and when Monday rolled around I was on the road and it was still on, just as I was ready to pick up the phone and call the mechanic...it dropped off the radar. So far its still off. As far as 3:92's I'd leave it too, the cost is not worth it and you would hardly notice a difference.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I had the low tire come on mysteriuosly this weekend and when Monday rolled around I was on the road and it was still on, just as I was ready to pick up the phone and call the mechanic...it dropped off the radar. So far its still off. As far as 3:92's I'd leave it too, the cost is not worth it and you would hardly notice a difference.
Appreciate it bro, let me know if you run into problems with the sensor.

When you say that you had to "TRIM" some, does it look bad? Ive seen some trucks that have had to trim and it looks like they took a Sawzall to it and butchered it up real bad. Anyway that you can post some pics of your Trim?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
love this truck man. wanna trade? jk :LOL:
truck does look great. keep up the good work

LOL, thanks man.

Appreciate it bro, let me know if you run into problems with the sensor.

When you say that you had to "TRIM" some, does it look bad? Ive seen some trucks that have had to trim and it looks like they took a Sawzall to it and butchered it up real bad. Anyway that you can post some pics of your Trim?
I trimmed mine with a sawzall....neatly though, what you can do after trimming is to get a heat gun and smoothen the rough edges. Its hard to be neat with a sawzall at an angle with the tire on, but it can be done with patience. So far the sensor is still off, it was that one time and it was after a hit a large pothole.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
TGC steering stabalizers installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Damn your truck looks GOOD BRO. Thinking about going the exact same route you did. Love the stance.
Thanks man, good luck, any questions on the 2500 just ask.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts