DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 1500 4x4 with the stock axles and 3.55 gear ratios. I would really like the extra leg room of 4.10's for towing at the sacrifice of some gas mileage. If there is anyone out there in the southwest (I'm in Yuma, Az) that wants the benefits of higher gearing and would like to trade axles send me a message. I have access to 2 lifts side by side and can finish the job in a day. I know it's a stretch, but it never hurts to ask.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Maybe send a pm to Thunderhorse, he might be able to do it for you.

:wow: Diff work is definitely something I would not take on :wow:

I guess a whole pumpkin or axle would be easy enough though.

I'm also in Missouri; I was trying to get orders to Yuma to be close to my parents in Tucson, but I'm pretty happy here and I'll get some Wing time in eventually I'm sure.

They did make a 4.10:1 9.25" axle; all of the 5 and 6 speed R/Ts (all 2009-2012 and the 6 speed 13s) came with it and it only came with the Sure Grip in it. The issue you'll run into is finding a front diff to match it, since the R/T is the only 1500 offered with a 4.10 and they were/are 2wd only. A 2012 comes with ZF mfg'd axles, but again, swapping the entire unit that doesn't make a difference.

When they went to the 8 speeds on the R/T they dropped the 4.10 and went to the 3.92.

Honestly if you really feel you need 4.10s then you should just go ahead and get the frame, full floaters, and brakes of a 2500 since you're already working on putting the powertrain and driveline into your half ton. That is to say buy a 2500

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
LOL

No, he needs the title changed from 4.10's to 3.92's. Can you do that?
I can...and I would if that's what the OP was asking about :nutkick:

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
If you get a Cummins go 1 ton

1 - 12 of 12 Posts