DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought i found my oil leaking problem in the spark plug tube seal. But when i took it to get my oil changed i still have some oil leaking. Anyway, i was told the 3.6L has an issue with the oil cooler leaking. Anyone have this issue? What did you replace? I am not a mechanic by any stretch but is this something i could do? Any insight would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
same problem with my 14 RAM. I have twice now replaced the cooler with a $100 ebay (I suppose read Chinese repop) and it continues to leak after several weeks. I am at this point thinking that the problem is the poor quality of the repop but cant help but also ponder at to whether or not the mating surface in the block is warped or something as the install is straight forward in the sense that there is very few things to remove to do the replacement of the cooler. Lots of YouTube how to's out there. After several weeks of driving it looks like it fills all those little cavities in the valley area of the block and then starts leaking out the back of the block and rust proofing the chassis behind the transmission all the way to the rear bumper.
My question is this. Has anyone experienced the same situation and it is the mating surface (what else could it be) is not true and just wont seal under the factory torque recommendations which is as I recall is 90 inch pounds. I love the truck so I am going to try a OEM Mopar manufactured cooler/filter once it warms up in several months but this really has me scratching my head. I have been at this sort of thing for 50 years and this is a first.
So is it the cheap repop. I know is has been said with the original part number ending AA (we are now at AF) that some were leaking before the first oil change as new vehicles with 2014 said to be the worst. I like FCA's vehicles in terms of their features and pricing but they do kick out some real garbage at times such as my 2012 RT mini van. I have been working on it constantly since about 60,000 M / 100,000 Kilos. Brakes, flex plate, cam chain and a laundry list of other smaller items. I am tiring of this. And don't get me started on my 2019 RAM.

·
Registered
589 Posts
there are many you tube videos and jeep forum articles, either the plastic body of the cooler cracks from overtighting or the orings on the bottom of the unit just leak, which is the more common problem. there is a you tube video of a polish machanic that changes just the o rings and is very successful at fixing leak

·
Banned
5 Posts
I don't have a clue what gathering to place this string in, since it influences each 2014 Chrysler item with the 3.6 or 3.2L Pentastar V6. I have a 2014 Jeep Wrangler with the 3.6L. I had a significant oil spill, and when I took it in, the vendor supplanted part number 68105583AA , which is the oil channel connector. It is a shaped plastic part that sits on the motor in the valley of the V, under the admission complex, and which contains the oil channel cartridge, the oil cooler and oil and coolant entries.
Kodi Lucky Patcher nox

·
Registered
1 Posts
I thought i found my oil leaking problem in the spark plug tube seal. But when i took it to get my oil changed i still have some oil leaking. Anyway, i was told the 3.6L has an issue with the oil cooler leaking. Anyone have this issue? What did you replace? I am not a mechanic by any stretch but is this something i could do? Any insight would be appreciated.
Yeah, oddly the 3.6 is having issues with the oil coolers. My Wrangler just went in for it Monday. Apparently you, myself and a million others are having the same issues with theirs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Found oil leaking down my transmission, passenger side. Guessing mine finally failed at 79000 miles. Way too many 3.6's having this failure. Going to take it to the dealership soon in hopes it will be covered by my lifetime extended powertrain warranty. On my 3rd radiator too, just installed, last oem only lasted 25k miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I also marked how tight the filter cap was straight from the factory fill and tighten it to that point on every oil change. BS over tightening causes every instance of this leak.

·
Registered
1 Posts
After a year of intense research I decided to take the plunge. I bought a jrsc kit and I have everything but kpro/ktuner. I really do not want to purchase it so I have been looking for a power card (jrsc-s). Can't seem to find that either. My question is can I use a piggyback Ecu to do what the power card does and how would I do that. I was thinking of getting an aem fic. The max power I want is 200whp. Initially I wanted to do the ghetto race kit. However it looks bleak. If anyone can give me guidance it would be much appreciated.

robbery bob 2 mod apk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts