DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:4-dontknow: I have had a problm with my ram ever since I bught it. It was used with about 80k miles on it. Under load and going up hill it starts to miss and looses power. I have had to change the spark plug in the number 2 cylinder 3 times in the last 2 month. My catalytic converter on that cylinder's side also stopped up so I went ahead and gutted them both. Could it be valves, injectors, or the coil? Just want it to run good. plz help:thk:

·
Registered
95 Posts
Are you getting codes other than the O2 codes you mention in your other thread? It could be a coil or injectors, could also be your fuel pump crapping out. Things to try would be switching around coils and see if it still happens on the same cylinder and put some techron concentrate or gumout regane in the fuel to clean out the system.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only time i get a different code is when the spark plug misfires. it only happens every coule of weeks so how would i switch the coils and figure it out. Is there a way to test each coil out of the cylinder? and how could i check my valves and injectors?

·
Registered
95 Posts
The easiest way to find out if you have a bad coil is to take the coil off the plug that is misfiring and swap it w/ one on another spark plug. Then if the misfire goes to the plug you moved the coil to you can assume the coil is bad. If it stays on the original plug then it's probably something else.

For your injectors I'd take a bottle of fuel injector cleaner like the one's I mentioned above use it the next time you get gas. For the valves you could run a compression test on all the cylinders and see if one is off. I'd do the coil swap and injector cleaner before I messed w/ the compression test.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts