DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question.. If I have 10 speakers aren't I going to need like 3 amps? I channel per speaker right? (including sub) I have a chance to get a Pioneer 4 channel cheapbut I want to know what i should be looking at. I have the 10 speaker system and have ordered new door speakers and dash speakers. If I get this amp which ones do I hook up to it? Do I bridge?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Stupid question.. If I have 10 speakers aren't I going to need like 3 amps? I channel per speaker right? (including sub) I have a chance to get a Pioneer 4 channel cheapbut I want to know what i should be looking at. I have the 10 speaker system and have ordered new door speakers and dash speakers. If I get this amp which ones do I hook up to it? Do I bridge?
Depends on what you're running. You could run a 6-channel and a 4 channel, or dual 5 channel amplifiers or, like you're thinking, dual 4 channels and a single mono block....You need to consider what you want out of your system. Running 3+ amplifiers will produce more power than 1 or 2 amplifiers could, however your cost will be tripled...read below.

You could also run your speakers at lower ohms which would convert your 10 speaker inputs into 5 inputs.

Remember you're going to need to consider everything else involved in running multiple amps, especially multiple-multiple channel amplifiers....extra rca's, bigger power wire, extra battery(s), grounds, etc etc etc. If you're going to run 3+ amplifiers you will need at MINIMUM 2 batteries (stinger/kenetic/etc), another alternator (possibly two more), 0/2 gauge wire...basically you're going to have to re-do almost all of your charging system.

Little more info is needed though....
How many speakers/subwoofers? How do you have 10 speakers mounted into your truck? 6 up front/2 in back/2 woofers...etc etc etc. What kind of power are you looking to run? Are you looking for glass breaking noise, or just a good solid loud system?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. I really don't want an amazing loud system. The truck came with a 10 speaker system. There is 3 in the dash. One in each door. 2 in the headliner and the factory sub under the rear seat. I don't want to add extra batterys and alternators. I was thinking of for now running the 4 door speakers off the amp. And leaving everything else controlled by the factory amp until I get enough money for another amp then adding the rt and lt dash speakers and a sub. Does this make sense?

·
Registered
17,710 Posts
I personally have a 3 amp system to run a SQ system and it's not LOUD, unless you're in either the driver or passenger seats. I am pulling 140 amps at max power, run a stock alternator, and only one Optima yellow top, then again, I rarely listen at max power and always run the truck during shows since one battery will only run the system for 30 min. The reason for more batteries is to increase the play time with the vehicle not running.
For your set up, running the 4 door speakers off of a separate amp is the best way to do it, you could look at a 5-channel amp and put in a better sub than the stock, since it's horribly underpowered, especially if you beef up the door speakers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.