DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was looking at a 3" body lift on top of a 2" coil spacer in the front. Anyone have any advice? I have never tackled anything quite like a body lift so I want to know what's involved...any good write ups to point me to? 1997 Dodge ram 1500 2wd. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
For The level kit id go for the kit that has new spring's and shocks included. Sen your going to drop all that for just rubber spacer. Also check ball joint's and a arm bushing. If there bad replace them while your there. Make sure you can do a 3 without having to get an extended steering shaft. Also without streching wires. If you have a manual or auto for that matter. Remember linkage! All this will change and maybe need modified. And use lots of penitrating oil on body bolt's

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Also had a thought (or maybe :thk:a brain fart). Brakes. Or brake lines for that matter. Those might have to be extended. If in real doubt call a local shop that dose 4x4 work they might have some ideas. If there repuitable they will help.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking this one might be a little out of my experience range. I watched a video on youtube how a guy did his (it was a newer year) but he made it look fairly simple...except for the fact the bumper mount had to be cut off and reattached. Maybe I'll check out a shop and get a quote.

Thanks for the response though!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts