DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so i have a 2006 4x4 that already has a 2.5 level on it. i was wondering if a 3" body lift would give me enough room to throw a set of 37x12.5R20's under it. i plan on using the factory 20x9's that came with the truck so i know that backspacing my be an issue. any help is greatly appreciated.:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
that is a very good question my man. you'd think if a 2.5 level easily cleared 35s then another 3" would fit 37s. esp ones that are only 12.5" wide.

you would definitely need spacers with stock rims.

even with a 2.5" level you'd most likely need 1/4" spacers to clear 35s with the stock rims.

i want to say itd be VERY close, or maybe not even fit.

hopefully someone else can chime in

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for that man. the real rub i have got myself into is that i have the money and resources to either get the body lift with 37's like i posted earlier with a few other mods that i have on my wish list, or a 6in suspension lift with 35's and that be the only thing done for a long while. so i guess the next question would be if i can actually fit the 37's with a 3" BL, would it actually be better to do the 6in suspension lift instead. all comments and insight is welcome. thanks alot!:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Personally I would always go with the real suspension lift over a body lift. Especially if you only want to run 37's.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts