DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the difference between the 3 Gen 5.7 vs 4 Gen 5.7??? I know they are the same CI, do they have different intake manifolds, heads, cams, etc. I plan on getting a bigger throttle body but, I want to get a bigger intake manifold as well. What are some of your opinions on this?

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
After reading the above links I would look at Inertia Motorsports website. I believe they have the 4th gen p/p'd Eagle heads for sale. Those heads with a cam would be a great upgrade.

·
Resident Technician
14,202 Posts
Don't forget the variable cam timing that was installed beginning in 2009 but not all 2009 models have it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im like a kid in a candy store when looking through those sites. I appreciate it. Im going back forth whether I want to break into the motor or stay with just the simple bolt ons.

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
A big hello and a warm Carolina welcome. I hope you enjoy the best RAM ForumZ.

Drop by the newbie section and introduce yourself, and remember to give us plenty of photos.
:Hey:

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
xtreme, you won't see a huge increase from the "small" supporting mods (CAI, T/B, cat-back, programmer) but once you do get to the bigger mods (heads, cam, etc) you'll get the full benefit from them.

Modding is an addiction, be it for power or for looks. I'd suggest starting with the smaller ones and building up unless you have a bunch of extra money laying around. In that case, throw a bunch of them on there.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yea, I know..It is addicting. I think Im going to stick with simple bolt ons on this truck. I would like to get a hold of an 06-08 Ram Hemi RC also, (2WD or 4WD) and totally mod up the motor. Id like to do it to this truck but, I plan on lifting it and I want a vehicle to take to the track. This is an expensive hobby. haha

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the biggest mod I will do for this truck is maybe a bigger TB and intake manifold. My older brothers gave me the itch when I was young. Havent been able to beat it yet. I had a 06' Ford Fusion SEL V6 and I had about 3 grand wrapped up in it with a lot of blood, sweat and tears. That is what I traded in for my new project. haha. It hurt the day I got the truck when I was pulling away from my car. 2 days later, some kid from my home town bought the damn thing and now I see it all the time. But, its alright, atleast I can say that I built that car.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts