DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals. Haven't been on here in awhile (sorry). Just a little background info, had a new Hemi installed about a year ago, so she's a baby still. Everything else is stock. haha

Okay, enough with that. I was thinking about leveling out my truck about 3" or so, but after reading several other threads, a lot of y'all said to do a lift (easier on the joints). So I'm now looking at doing a 3" suspension lift; springs in the front, blocks in the back, shocks all around with 33x12.5x17 tires. My question is this: Is this gonna affect my angles at all? Am i gonna have to redo my drive shaft to compensate for the lift? Do I need spindles along with springs?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. You guys rock!

·
Registered
84 Posts
If you put blocks in the back, you will still have the forward rake. I have an 08 2WD. I did a 2" leveling kit and a 3"" body lift kit. I bought the truck new and did the leveling and body kit on in 2009. 40,000 mile later have had no issues with the ball joints. running 35 X 20 procomp extreme ATs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the response man. So in order to get rid of the forward rake, i'm gonna have to do like a 3" front, 2" back lift.

How difficult is it to do a body lift? If i were to do it on my own?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the response man. So in order to get rid of the forward rake, i'm gonna have to do like a 3" front, 2" back lift.

How difficult is it to do a body lift? If i were to do it on my own?
Depends on your setup and if you have access to a lift. I rented a stall at the coast guard base for 8 bux an hour, cost me 16 bux to do a 3" BL on my Yota.

Its pretty simple and strait forward as long as you are not afraid of working with the steering shaft (I had to lengthen my yota's not sure about the Ram) I think my next upgrade will be a 2" BL and wheels, I'll be more than happy to do a full write up should be ready to do the BL in a month or so.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It took my mechanic 8 hours to do my body lift, I used performance accessories body kit. Kit had the brackets to relocate the bumpers and I had gap guards installed, didn't want to see that big gap between the frame and bed.Kit also came with steering extension. I am happy with it and would do it again.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Also, if you want to get ride of that forward rake, don't put blocks on the back end. With my 2" leveling kit on the front, I still have some forward rake. On my 08 I would have to lift the front around 4" to get ride of the rake altogether.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts