DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the 3030XL along with 2 magnaflow y-pipes to go on my 2014 Ram Sport. One of the Y-pipes is going on where the pipes coming from the engine meet and the other is going to come out of the aero turbine muffler. My question is, does anyone else have this muffler and if so, did you leave the stock resonators? I can't decide whether I want to take them off or leave them on since I know the 3030XL has a built in resonator. I want the exhaust to be a little louder, which is the main reason I am putting a new one on, but I don't want it to have excessive drone inside the truck.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I ran this set up on my 2010.
I had the AeroTurbine 3030XL and the stock resonators on.
The set up is loud, considering it's a straight through muffler. It had a wicked growl to it, and a bit of drone on the highway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ran this set up on my 2010.
I had the AeroTurbine 3030XL and the stock resonators on.
The set up is loud, considering it's a straight through muffler. It had a wicked growl to it, and a bit of drone on the highway.
Yes I agree with that. I have an Outdoorsman 2013 HEMI with single exhaust on the right side. After installed this awesome exhaust (AT3030XL), I got a really really nice deep rumble at idle and also a realy beautifull grown sound when I push it. the bad was on the highway (MDS activate). I can tell it is not the bigest drone I heard. Me I could accomodate with it but my wife didn't. So, I add a J-Pipe resonator calculated for my RPM range I would like to reduce the drone resonance.

Currently, My wife and kids can sleep when I'm on the highway...

BTW, the most beautifull sound I heard on a ram 1500 hemi for this kind of mod... Hemi sound is great :smileup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts