DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, I've been offered a set of Cooper Zeon LTZ tyres in 305/50 20 size for a bargain price and considering I can't find any tyres in standard size over here in the UK its pretty much my only choice anyway!

Obviously I have read many times that the clearance to the upper control arm is minimal with the standard 275 tyres so I assume I'll have issues fitting the 305's so I've looked for spacers. Again, I am very limited for choice over here but have found these on ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALLOY-WHE...s_Trims_ET&hash=item3cb1f16dff#ht_3631wt_1265), has anyone had any experience of these types of spacer? Obviously these will only use the standard studs so I am wondering firstly, if there will be an issue actually getting the wheels on with 10mm less stud available and secondly, if 10mm will give me enough clearance for the tyres?

Also, I have done some searching and ideally I need 305/55 tyres to keep the same overall diameter of 33" as the standard 275/60 tyres, the 305/50 only gives me 32", has anyone else fitted this diameter tyre? Has it caused issues with anything? Speedo? Fuel consumption (I already have the 3.92 LSD)? etc.

Thanks guys!:smileup:

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I run 305/50R20 Nitto Terra Grapplers, (actually measure 32.2" x 12.2") Stock Sport 20"x9" Chrome Clad Wheels
(Stock Good-for-a-Years are really only 32.5" tall so no speedo corrections required)

and my 10' 4x4 is dropped 2/3

No spacers, no rubbing, no problems

Front passenger side at full lock left turn has over 1/2" clear from sway bar.
( you can also see about 1/4" clearance from upper A arm to inside sidewall of the 305 wide Grapplers)

upper a arm clearance (no spacers)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks BlackRamHemi, just went and physically measured mine on full lock and I have approx. 1/2"-3/8" clearance with the 275/60 Goodyears and the overall diameter is just 31"!!!

I think I'll order the tyres and if I end up needing spacers, worry about it afterwards! By the way, love the 'murdered out' look of your Ram, are they headlight covers??

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Diameter measurements are typically done when the tire/wheel is off the truck with no weight on it ;)

I had 1/4" spacers on hand when I went to the tire shop, just in case I needed them...

I know some guys with 305/55R20 Grapplers had rubbing issues, but they are 12.4" wide.

According to Cooper's site, the Zeon LTZ 305/50R20 is 12.14 x 32.18 ...so you should be good.

...and Yes the Headlight (and Tail light) covers are from GTStyle

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OK, so they've been on a couple of days now and first impressions are:
1/ Slightly heavier steering
2/ More grip in the dry (not seen rain yet)
3/ Look great!
4/ Fuel consumption - can't really say yet, only done 20 miles in stop/start traffic so the usual 9mpg-ish

Thought I'd got away with no rubbing but on full lock to the right, there is some rubbing so I think I'll try some small spacers. The one's I've found (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALLOY-WHEEL-10mm-SPACER-DODGE-RAM-D50-94-ONWARDS-/260683427327? / http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALLOY-WHE...s_Trims_ET&hash=item3cb1f16dff#ht_3631wt_1265) say they are for Dodge Ram D50 '94-on but I've asked the supplier and they say that if my central hub is 110mm diameter, they will fit my truck. Does anyone know what the hub dia. is on the 2010 Ram 4x4? Also, I have the choice of 5mm or 10mm spacers, any thoughts??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts