DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm approaching the 30k mark on my truck. Is this like the oil change if I document it. I'll be ok warranty wise? Not looking forward to going to stealership to pay to get jerked around. Especially since the 3 nearest Ram dealers all have terrible reviews. And the dealer I bought the truck from is 70+ miles each way from my house.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
32,783 Posts
While i still had my 2009 Ram with the 5.7 HEMI
i went to Walmart & bought my own motor oil, the oil filter i picked up at a Orielly's & took it to the dealership
They charged me something like $28. to do the oil change & inspect the truck, the money was mostly for Waste Disposal Fees, ( i know that the company that picks up the waste oil actually pays the dealer for the oil & it gets recycled, the oil filter is drained & crushed & is sold for dirty scrap metal )

I trust the dealership to do the correct service, i know that i don't trust places like Jiffy Lube

Keep receipts, mileage, date of service records, no matter who does the service

I am on an extended traveling vacation currently & there are no Dodge Dealerships worth mentioning in the area, but there is a Jeep Dealership about 40 miles away that i have trusted in the past

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I keep all receipts and keep a book of everything I have done to the truck. My problem is the dealers within 50 miles are all being sued for things they have done/not done to customers cars. And my only other vehicle is my 99 Ram 4wd. And it gets 10mpg on the highway (bad belly pan intake gasket). So driving the 140 miles round trip to the dealer I bought it is not possible.
But thanks for the advice.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
Not sure where you are in AZ, but my dad has had good luck with Jim Click in Tucson

1 - 6 of 6 Posts