DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 98 ram 1500 sport with a 5 speed manual transmission that comes with a 318 that i am swapping to a stock 360. Do i need to put a 360 ecm in the truck or will the stock 318 ecm work with out taking away any performance from the 360? If i have to put a 360 ecm in will the current wiring harness work or will the harness need to be replaced also?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I have a 98 ram 1500 sport with a 5 speed manual transmission that comes with a 318 that i am swapping to a stock 360. Do i need to put a 360 ecm in the truck or will the stock 318 ecm work with out taking away any performance from the 360? If i have to put a 360 ecm in will the current wiring harness work or will the harness need to be replaced also?
You need to use the 360 ECM. Now if you are replacing just the engine then yon don't need to change out the ECM harness.

·
Registered
9 Posts
already did this swap on my truck. i put in a reman long block. differences are -ecm-flex plate/flywheel-harmonic balancer. truck pulls ten times better than before. you wont notice much of a horsepower increase if any, but the pullin power alone is worth it. my milage even went up abou 4.5 miles per gallon due to the fact it doesnt have to down shift all the time to pull hills

1 - 3 of 3 Posts