DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I have over 6,000 miles on my EcoDiesel. Went on a long trip this weekend to Cape Cod, 787.7 miles. Filled it up with diesel today just after the low fuel light came on. 24.097 gallons filled it to overflowing. 32.77 mpg. The EVIC showed only 31.1 mpg. Tomorrow, putting her on a Mustang Dyno and finally installing the GDE Hot Tune. Oh, part of this tank including towing a 2,000 lb trailer! So,I'm hoping to get even higher numbers with the Hot Tune. Also will be doing an EGR Delete. If I'm happy, may do a complete Delete of the DEF BS. BTW, amazed how clean the inside of the tail pipes are compared to the hemi! Shiny clean.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Pretty amazing fuel economy. I have a 2017 4x4 3.92 rear and was happy to get 28 mpg on a long trip cruising between 70-75 mph after GDE tune.

·
Super Moderator
34,750 Posts
It more than they're rated for, but it seems that alot of guys are getting 30+ MPG with this engine

·
Dodge Ram Forum Senior Member
3,247 Posts
That's phenomenal fuel economy for a truck this size.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So Friday morning I will finally get my GDE Hot Tuned installed. Yes, I have been doing some "hypermiling" with the Eco Diesel, nearly at 8,000 miles already! I think my lowest mpg was around 28.7 mpg, but that tank included towing my 2 ATV's quite a bit. I try to stay at 65 mph on the turnpike, even where it is 75 in northern Maine. Not much traffic there, so not holding any traffic up. While we have hills, almost no city driving. Generally averaging right around 30 mpg. Not missing the hemi at all. Here is my first oil report from Blackstone at 5,000 miles. Will do second one at 10,000 miles, then go to 10k on changes.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts