DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I am currently trying to buy a set of barely used Toyo Open Country M/T in 275/65/20 for my 2006 quad cab 4.7L with the 3.92 rear gear. The Toyos weigh almost 71 pounds each!! Versus around 50 pounds each for my Cooper Zeon 275/60 (that is kind've a guesstimate...Cooper doesn't list their tire weights). Would the Toyos make a noticeable difference in power on my first gen 4.7? It's so weak as it is that I don't think I could handle it getting any weaker, lol.

I have been thinking about just saving the grand that it is going to cost me for the mud tires and putting it towards a trade up to a hemi about a year from now. I love my truck but the power, or lack thereof, is very disappointing. I could slap some mud tires on the hemi and still run circles around my 4.7! Thoughts and opinions?

·
Registered
207 Posts
if you didnt want to trade up maybe try getting a tuner??

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had a Superchips and sold it. I wasn't crazy about how it made the truck shift and I couldn't tell any difference in power. The tuners don't do for the first gen 4.7 trucks what they can do for the 2008-up 4.7 trucks. It did get better MPG but I had to run premium so that wasn't a benefit either. Plus, it would take a lot more than a tuner to make up the 110HP and 80TQ advantage of the hemi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts