DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a 2012 ram 1500 Sport i brought a 2.5 rough country leveling kit
Can I put 35 inch toyos on my 20 inch stock rims?
Or are they to big should I get 33s instead

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 07 ram with a 2.5" rear and 3" front leveling kit and I have 34s on stock 20's and I easily could have fit 35's but didn't have the budget. have you already installed the leveling kit?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought 35" rubber on 20" steels with a 2.5" front 1.5" rear bilstein 5100 leveling kit and I had to get offset Bullet Proof mud flaps so there wouldn't be any rubbing on a full turn. 2013 1500 sport.

·
8,073 Posts
You can fit 35" high no problem. It's the width that you will be limited to running the stock wheels. Are you looking at Toyo MT's or AT's? There's a bit of a difference between the two... If you want MT's I'd recommend going with a 295/60/20 and run 1/4" spacers to clear them. If you want AT's you can get away with a full 35x12.5 with 1/4" spacers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I haven't put it on because I'm still not sure on the tires I'm getting
And I want to do it all together

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So Brandon the 20 stocks with 33 inch toyo mt will be the best fit?
The only type if 35s I can put are all terrain tires like toyo at terra grappler Bfg at?
What are the 1/4 spacers for?

·
8,073 Posts
If you want Toyo MT's I'd go with the 295/60/20's as I stated above. Those will be roughly 34"x11.6". That will fill out the wheel well nicely without being too stuffed. 33's will look to small IMO.

The 1/4" spacers are to give you clearance between the tire and the upper A arm.

·
Registered
170 Posts
You can run 35x12.5x20 mt's with the 1/4" spacer just fine. Will probably have a tiny bit of scrub at full lock but nothing that's going to cause damage or that you need to be concerned about. Tons of people run this setup.

The spacers are not going to change your alignment but the leveling kit will. You will need to have your truck realigned after the install or you'll mess up your tires pretty quickly.

·
8,073 Posts
You can run 35x12.5x20 mt's with the 1/4" spacer just fine. Will probably have a tiny bit of scrub at full lock but nothing that's going to cause damage or that you need to be concerned about. Tons of people run this setup.
That partially depends on what MT tire it is and the truck. First off, not all trucks are built exactly the same. There are some guys getting away with running a 305 wide tire on stock rims while some are almost rubbing with 285's So the clearances between everything can be very different. Second, not all MT tires measure the same width when mounted. Toyo MT's and Nitto Trail Grapplers for example are very wide, roughly 13.4" when mounted while the Federal Couragia MT's are only 12" wide when mounted (all this assuming 35x12.5 tires). So yes it is possible that it will work for some guys to run a tire that big with only 1/4" spacers, there's some guys that it will not work for. All depends on the tire choice and truck.

The spacers are not going to change your alignment but the leveling kit will. You will need to have your truck realigned after the install or you'll mess up your tires pretty quickly.
This is 100% correct ^^ :smileup:

·
8,073 Posts
How about 35 inch toyo open country at ll
Would they Rub?
Nope they should be good. Because the sidewall on an AT is much less aggressive than the sidewall on an MT you should clear them no problem. The 35x12.5 Toyo AT2's are a great tire!

·
8,073 Posts
Do i Get the spacers for all 4 tires?
You don't technically need them for the back but you'll want to run them there. He front already sticks our more than the back from the factory so it would be even worse if you don't put them on there.

I meant to put Were should i Get the spacers at?
Rough Country makes them and you can get them through Bully's Performance. Send them an email at [email protected] and let them know you're a forum member for the discount. They'll hook you up with a great price. Not sure if I mentioned it in this thread already or not but you can get a quote from them for the tires as well. When I bought my wheels and tires for my last truck Bully's had the best pricing around.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts