DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought about upgrading my stock tires & wheels to 35's, however, I just stumbled on an amazing deal on a set of 37's w/ new wheels and tires.

Since the stock tires measure out to 33's, that's only an increase in height by 2" for the truck, though an increase in tire size of 4". Before I put the leveling kit on, will they fit in the wheel well? Or am I just being overly ambitious?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
but I'm also looking at putting in a Rough Country 2" leveling kit and a 1.25" BL. So if they will fit w/ that extra space, then it looks like a plan.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I would say you need more lift than that to avoid rubbing unless you want to trim alot I have a 3/4 ton with 6 inches of lift and 37s

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would say you need more lift than that to avoid rubbing unless you want to trim alot I have a 3/4 ton with 6 inches of lift and 37s
Yeah, I measured the up and down and saw there was room, but when I saw the front and back it's not friendly.

Looks like it'll be tight with 35's too. So debating between 35's and 33's now...

·
Registered
11 Posts
where did you find the deal on 37's? im looking currently and i am putting the 6" lift on my truck with 4.56 gears... but i cant find wheels and tire for 2500 or less...

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah you should look into the 35's up to a 6" lift. Once you have that I would then look at getting 37's

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
37's probably won't work with just a level and body lift. I just put 35's on mine and thats about as much as I can go.

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
I would think with the combo kit the 37s would work. They clear with a 4" suspension liftt. I would think with the 3.75" combo kit they would clear. Would really depend on which tires though, the wider you go the chances of fitting would decrease. Just my .02 cents tho.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
where did you find the deal on 37's? im looking currently and i am putting the 6" lift on my truck with 4.56 gears... but i cant find wheels and tire for 2500 or less...
Seattle area Craigslist ad.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
37's probably won't work with just a level and body lift. I just put 35's on mine and thats about as much as I can go.
Yeah, I'm debating now between just going with 33's or upping to 35's. I definitely want to get rid of the 20" stock rims for something better..

·
Registered
5 Posts
id sugest if you can get 37's for a great price you dont wanna pass up then get them, save up for a 6 inch susp lift and put it all on at once thne u have something big adn not looking to upgrade that much more, save money in the long run only doing it once

·
Registered
140 Posts
Can buy 4 almost new 37 12.50 16.5 for 500 to your door from militarytires. I got a set and love em.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts