DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im wanting to put 38s on my 2010 ram I have 35"nitto muds now but I just want to go bigger if not 38" muds im going to go to a 355/60r20 terra grappler (nearly a 37) I dont want to damage anything transmission wise thou....do u think with the right gears the trans will hold up?

·
Banned
1,739 Posts
If you're going 37+ get some 4.56s

What setup do you have to run 38" mud graps?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
6" rc 3" pa body and blisten adjustables is going to be my setup....if i decide to go 355/60r20 terra grapplers ill prob go without the adjustables.....ive also been looking into duratrack tires...i like the meaty look but i drive interstate everyday to go to work :( and my current mud graps are holding up surprisingly well been 2 month and theyve shown no wear (bought them used right about to hit wear bars and there still at the same depth i bought them as)....i bought them used because taxes are buying the 6" rc lift....right now im running the pa 5"....anyway i plan on doing 4.56 gears in the rear should i run the same up front??? i hardly use 4wd ever....and if i do its just for a few seconds....trucks only seen wet clay in the driveway into a mudbog....what shiftkit would be good ?

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yes run the same gears in the front you never change gear ratio in just one or the other

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
alright thats what i thought now i know its the 9.25 rearend but what front diff comes in the 1500 4th gens????

·
Registered
10 Posts
it is a 8.0 ifs front. i run 4.56's with 38x15.5's daily. i have over 15000 miles on this setup and tow regularly over 6000lbs with no issues

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Saweet looks like im running 4.56s and 38s thanks everybody for replying so fast

1 - 10 of 10 Posts