DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know it's a stupid question, but the damn thing has me beat at this point.

How do you get the 3rd brake light cover off? I just spent the better part of 30 minutes tugging and pulling on it to no avail. I took out the 2 phillips head screws, then proceeded to tug and pull on the cover from every angle, and in every manner that I could think of.

It's still firmly attached to the truck :4-dontknow:

I don't know if I need to eat my Wheaties, or what, but I couldn't get it to even wiggle a little bit.

anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Exco

**edit** I'm pretty sure that it wasn't that I didn't say the proper curse words, as I said every one in the book, and a few that weren't there! :doh:

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
lol. There are two tabs that align with holes in the sheet metal. They are not "clips" just alignment tabs but they can cause them seem like they are stuck, mine was also a PITA but I got it out. IIRC I had to sort of "roll" the light up or down at an angle to get it to release. Keep at it, it'll come out.

·
Registered
386 Posts
09s had a leak problem, it's probably sealer.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got it off, and the bulbs replaced.

I think part of the problem was that with the tonneau cover I was having a few issues getting to it. I had to stick my head up through the sliding rear window, unscrew the two screws, then go back in the truck and contort myself up so that I could grab the cover.

I took snrusnak's advice and sort of wiggled and jiggled it around until it popped loose. getting it back in was a lil easier, but still a PITA

Exco

1 - 4 of 4 Posts