DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4.7 has high miles and just doesn't have enough power so I'm looking at engine swaping to the 5.7l. It's gonna be hard but what all should I be ready for? I'm probably going to get a donor truck that's been wrecked for real cheap and transfer everything over. What all should I be ready for and should I even do it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
The general consensus here is its more cost efficient to trade up to a hemi rather than transplant one. If your doing it yourself it may be worthwhile IMO but your going to need wiring harness and accessories along with the engine.

I just installed a superchip tuner and its helped with the power issues w/ my 4.7 but my gear ratio helps out too.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You are looking into a lot like jebz240 mentioned, new modules and have to get them flashed, cruise control re wired, new harness, etc.
If and only if you plan to buy a COMPLETE donor truck that "still runs" technically but not on the road, and you have time to do it, I'd say go for it. It would be a great experience to do it and learn along the way.....
Just remember to document it all with pictures and maybe some videos to post here for all to see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts