DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so will the headers for a 3rd gen fit on the newer trucks will they bolt to the new style heads? if the ports are diff what is the difference?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I honestly dont see why they wouldnt fit... If the Eagle head's exhaust ports are different then that would be the only problem. No one has ever enlightened me on the matter.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I just asked on LXF and DT they will know i will get back to you. Heck buy some and try it if they dont fit just send them back???

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i hope sommeone will know for sure cuz 1500 is very high for lt headers but will if i just have to lol

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
Supposedly from what I have heard you can use manifolds from a Grand Cherokee SRT8, they're shaped different than the LX versions (they have a longer neck, look like mid length headers) and they have the right port shape.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
They're flatter towards the bottom by the tubes. Eagle heads are very similar to 6.1 heads. Alot more noticeable here:

Compared to:

UMMM that bottom pic is the intake ports just sayin.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol i have benn looking around to make sure. but i was just fixing to say the same thing!! Ramtex what do you think about what i said about the gasket sealing that little bit of diff up?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Ill be honest man idk... until someone tries we wont really know for sure those gasket holes may be too small and the header tubes maybe too small. I say this because the eagle heads flow so much more air than the old heads they may leak bad who knows...

·
Registered
3,666 Posts
alright, who is going to be the guinea pig? (massive reps ur way) NOT IT!!!!!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
alright, who is going to be the guinea pig? (massive reps ur way) NOT IT!!!!!
The only person that i can think of off the top of my head that would know or could find out would be Anthony at ARH! He could easily test this for us without us wasting any money! Alright Anthony its your time to shine again please tell us if it is possible!

·
Banned
3,844 Posts
Ill be honest man idk... until someone tries we wont really know for sure those gasket holes may be too small and the header tubes maybe too small. I say this because the eagle heads flow so much more air than the old heads they may leak bad who knows...
You are absolutely right, its been a long week, we just rebuilt the prime mover and installed a new genset on the ship I'm stationed on. ******* 3406 weighs as much as a small car and the genset isn't much lighter. It's fixed now.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
im gonna try soon as i get the chance. and they flow better cuz diff port design and shape, not cuz they bigger. its just a guess though.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
You are absolutely right, its been a long week, we just rebuilt the prime mover and installed a new genset on the ship I'm stationed on. ******* 3406 weighs as much as a small car and the genset isn't much lighter. It's fixed now.
No worries man!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts