DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 1500 and having some led trouble. I bought some Green LED bulbs from superbrightleds.com for the map light in the center of the ceiling,and also for the 3rd brake light. When the truck and everything is shut off, those led bulbs are constantly on. they arent as bright as they are turned on but they are on. what could cause this? like i said it is only the led bulbs,the normal bulbs dont do it. if anyone has input that would be great. Thanks.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Check out the stickey in this section about LED's. You need a resistor. THe value of the resistor is in there.

Me....

·
Registered
123 Posts
On my 07 I had the 'glow' of the dome light and soldered a resister on and happy to report that all is good. I am very impressed with the light I now have in the cab.....that being said if I can get a good pic I will post.....(yes Mike I checked and the lens cap is off. LOL).

Cheers

·
Registered
340 Posts
Hey there 57. SB's web page is correct. They have resistors. The installed resistors are to drop the 12v to 5v as LED's only require 5v. Just like if you get a single LED. You want that resistor for the voltage drop.

The issue you have is associated to the load on the circuit. There is not enough load. By adding the appropriate resistor you provide the load that is needed to shut down the circuit.

I think it's a 100ohm 1watt. Comes in a pack of two at the shack. I believe I posted a picture or two in that thread showing how I soldered on the resistor.

You can also put the resistor across the connector but you would need to remove it if you had to go back to normal lights.

me...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts