DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after reading a bunch of threads on here I decided to tint my taillights. I went with normal window tint instead of paint in case I change my mind down the road. I forgot to take pictures while I was doing it but here are some pics.

I don't know if I should of blocked my license plate for privacy issues but oh we'll.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
looks wicked! I vht'd mine 3 light coats and they still came out pretty dark, for the 2nd time LOL I am waiting for a cop to follow me because I am quite sure I would get pulled over. I never block my plates out, police are the only ones that can really run your plates to get your info and unless they are doing it because of something they saw you doing illegally while driving it would be against the law for even them to run your plates from a picture on the internet. If I ever post pics of anyone elses vehicles I blank out their plates though

·
Registered
355 Posts
^^^^
I dunno. That's going to be a tall order with some of those angles... You MIGHT be able to use a heat gun to make it a little more pliable but if you stretch it TOO much, you'll end up with light spots... For those, I'd use VHT. OR, I believe the early 3G lights will fit the newer models. I could be wrong.

As for myself, I've been thinking about using tint instead of VHT. AS you said, if it doesn't work, later I can tear it off. My lenses also have some imperfections in them that would stand out quite a bit with VHT. I need to tint the back windows as well as the wife's car, so maybe I'll just do it all at once. I'd LIKE to have LED's in place before hand, but those can wait I guess. Just itching to do some mods... Looks good!

·
Registered
12 2500 Cummins, 92 W150 5.2
227 Posts
Window tint isnt made for or thick enough for outside use. Dont wanna be a hater or buzzkill but its a matter of time till it peels or scratches. It does look sweet though. I've used VHT and tail light film from stickercity.com both with success. I prefer the film over the Nightshades. Its thick stuff that you can mold and stretch around the bug eyed tail lights with a heat gun.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Window tint isnt made for or thick enough for outside use. Dont wanna be a hater or buzzkill but its a matter of time till it peels or scratches. It does look sweet though. I've used VHT and tail light film from stickercity.com both with success. I prefer the film over the Nightshades. Its thick stuff that you can mold and stretch around the bug eyed tail lights with a heat gun.
I agree using the VHT is a better way to go if you want it permanent but I used the instacling on my snowmobile windshield for a whole season and it held up fine. It's cheap and you can tear it off whenever you want.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.