DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally lowered it the right way lol

Super stoked with how it turned out it rides great and I love the way it looks. I'm still waiting for that right set of wheels at the right price!!!

·
Registered
621 Posts
What did you do, and are you on the front bump stops now?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I cut half a coil off the 4/6 kit and added drop shackles, I don't have the front bumpstops anymore and I don't have any problems at all. It rides awesome.

·
Registered
2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport 4x4
4,226 Posts
You wouldn't be able to drive on new orleans streets with that thing! Looks awesome though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do just fine on these crappy Shreveport streets. I'm going down around there in like 3 weeks so we will see lol

·
Registered
179 Posts
now thats what im talking about!

I've got a 07 quad cab with about a 3/6 drop (yes they make 3" springs haha) but I wanna get some spindles and shackles and go to a 5/8. The single cab looks awesome... I wonder what a quad cab would look like that low? hmmm I guess once I can save up a million dollars for some spindles (seems like they cost that much anyway) we will find out.

awesome looking truck!

·
Registered
13 Posts
now thats what im talking about!

I've got a 07 quad cab with about a 3/6 drop (yes they make 3" springs haha) but I wanna get some spindles and shackles and go to a 5/8. The single cab looks awesome... I wonder what a quad cab would look like that low? hmmm I guess once I can save up a million dollars for some spindles (seems like they cost that much anyway) we will find out.

awesome looking truck!

i have a 05 QC i just ordered my 3"springs an shocks an perches. post pictures of how your truck looks? thanks.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I cut half a coil off the 4/6 kit and added drop shackles, I don't have the front bumpstops anymore and I don't have any problems at all. It rides awesome.
I wanna cut off my bump stops too, but if there is any metal to metal contact it'd be the tie rod end that'd lose. That'd be bent tie rod and a truck shooting across 3 lanes before u can react. I hope it never happens to you man...it'd be bad.
I just cut 1/2 coil on mine this week too, and will be doin a 1" block. because of helper bag install wont allow drop shackles w/o crushing the bags deflated.

Does it align? I did this this week to, I am 2 degrees plus off in the front camber.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It aligned alright man. I dropped it off in the morning and picked it up in the evening so I don't know the exact specs but it tracks strait and true. And I was worried about the stops up front too, so I drilled holes and installed some super short bumps where the old ones were. They do the job alright I guess no real problems. Overall I'm super happy. Further down the line I'm getting a full step notch instead of the half one the kit came with, but I'm also gonna bag it when I get more money or time.

·
Registered
621 Posts
all I can say is......WINNING!

·
Registered
137 Posts
that so sick i wanna be that low one of theses days

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah I'm gonna go with 4th gen 20s I think. But if the right price presents itself I might go with something else.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts