DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:4-dontknow:Hey Guys I was just wondering what is one of the best exhaust setups for the 4.7 out there. I like the rumble my truck has I just want to make it deeper and louder.

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
That's like asking what the best food to eat is. You are going to get a lot of opinions. I, for example, am a huge Magnaflow fan.

Best bet is to cruise Youtube with a decent set of headphones to get an accurate idea of the various setups and hopefully find one you like.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Honestly, I agree with starquest. There's about a million and one options here. Magnaflow and Flowmaster are popular.

I am, currently, running a stock set up up to the muffler, which is a thrush turbo ($30 on Amazon) with a Walker tailpipe since the original tailpipe 'disappeared' at the dealer. :doh:
Either way, I really like this muffler once it broke in real well. It wasn't quite what I expected when it wasn't broke in, but now it's pretty good, but I also went from a shot muffler (loud but not necessarily good) to a real muffler. Anything's better than a bad muffler IMO.

Happy hunting! :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys I was kind a thinking magnaflow but I was also thinking to the dual pipe setup. I just have to find a good day to sit down and get it done:smileup:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
I don't think the dual outlets will change the sound significantly unless you do true duals which might make a noticeable difference. The single in/dual out setups are mainly for looks in my opinion. You will need to decide how you want them to exit and what kind of tips you like unless you dump it. It really comes down to the sound and look you want.

I just had the stock muffler replaced with a Magnaflow and left the single outlet with just an added stainless tip on my 06 4.7 and really liked it. When I traded for my Hemi it already had a Flowmaster single in/dual out setup exiting at the corners. I replaced the muffler with a Magnaflow right away and ran that for quite a while before swapping to my current setup of single in/dual out straight out the back and through the bumper notches similar to the 4th gen trucks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
4.7 exhaust

I just put flowmaster 40 series on mine. love the sound, deep, throaty. no resonance. I grew up in '60s with muscle cars and this takes me back to the good old day's. mine is a 5 speed manual btw.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts