DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4.7 O2 sensors
Ok you geniuses. I have an 03 1500 QC with the 4.7 and auto. How many O2 sensors do I have and where are they located/
Thanks in advance.

Maddevill:Wow1:

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
Not sure how many on your truck but on most vehicles there is one at the collector of each exhaust manifold (these are "upstream" sensors) and there is usually one after each catalytic converter, or on each catalytic converter (these are "downstream" sensors). The upstream sensors are really the important ones that give feedback to the pcm for air/fuel ratios. The downstream ones are primarily just to monitor catalytic efficiency.

Do you have a CEL?

Some vehicles around your truck's age I think had 1 upstream and 1 downstream sensor, or maybe 2 upstream and 1 downstream sensor.

·
Registered
65 Posts
My 2002 had two. One located prior to the cat, and the other locate after the cat. Just look at the exhaust pipe and you will see a protrusion about 2 inches long with 4 wires coming out of the top of it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
O2 Sensor

:thk::thk:I would ike to know about this Sensor. I have an 08 with the 4.7. Would this affect the gas milage? If so how do I check the( sensor, sensors?) Thank-you. I know this is not a reply, but i'm, sorry.

·
Registered
13,690 Posts
A bad O2 sensor could cause a negative effect on mpg, but why do you think this is happening? Is your check engine light on? If so, what is the code it is showing?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts