Registered
5,887 Posts
"chips" are worthless.

you want an actual programmer/tuner.

I think bullydog makes one for your engine/year

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
I don't think superchips supports 2011+ yet but if I were you I'd hold out for it. The superchips tunes blow the others out of the water on the 2008+ 4.7L. I've used diablo, superchips, and a custom tune(via diablo) on my 2010 4.7L, and I ended up with the superchips.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info. Ordered the bully dog yesterday from DAP and got a super deal. Hope it works as well as my superchips did on my 2010.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Yeah I have always heard that these "chips" are a scam and do little to nothing. If i had enough I'd buy a handheld tuner. Much more functionality

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
From what I have been reading I would look into the superchips products, even if its "superchips" as in it being a chip its not, its a tuner. For the old rams I have seen many a comment that they are by far the best, you might want to look at Diablo also.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I had the superchips on my 2010 and wished they had one for 2011. Bought the Bully Dog Hemi Plus and so far its not a bad tuner but feel like the Superchips was better. Still need a little time with it though.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts