DODGE RAM FORUM banner

4.7 Ram #4 cylinder mis-fire

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  02Kingstonram 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok got a 2008 dodge ram 1500 4.7L.. As like alot of the post the truck has always had its little ticking noise at cold start and after it warms up the tick goes away...
we recently just had really cold weather it was about 5 degrees out when i went to start my truck and when doing so the motor jerked really hard as if it was trying to hop right out of the truck... i tried restarting it and its running really rough... took the truck in and they said that it is reading the #4 cylinder is misfireing... i changed the ignition coil (as i was told it was probably that) and there is no difference... the motor is still running really rough and also the ticking noise is really loud and doesnt stop when the truck is warm.... i read alot of post on similar problems and i see some say could be the fuel injector... I have no idea what it is can any one help me get this figured out? or atleast give me a good guess as to what it may be with out it costing me a fortune having test done at a shop???

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.