DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I went to change my intake (top bank) spark plugs and wow, it was very hard to find plugs for this truck. I finally found them at a dealer for $4.80 each. And that was the price after talking them down from $6.41 each.

The correct plug for a 10 Ram 4.7 Flex Fuel is SP FR8TE2 AA (Bosch).

I had read on the net that Bosch Supers 7962 would be the same so I bought one (1) and took it to the dealer to compare. It is "not" the same plug.

So, I had my parts guy at Advance Auto cross the 7962 to figure out what it (and the other similar plugs you read about on the net) is. The Bosch 7962, NGK, Champion etc are FR6 plugs...not the same. I'll post a pic later.

So after working with my NAPA guy who says he can't get a plug for my truck I have a question, is this really a dealer only spark plug?

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
They gave you the wrong plugs. They did it to me too. You need Bosch plugs...different Number though. As per the manual:

Spark Plugs – 4.7L Engine Upper Bank — FR8TE2 (Gap 0.039 in [.99 mm]) Lower Bank — FR8T1332
(Gap 0.051 in [1.30 mm])

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
They gave you the wrong plugs. They did it to me too. You need Bosch plugs...different Number though. As per the manual:

Spark Plugs – 4.7L Engine Upper Bank — FR8TE2 (Gap 0.039 in [.99 mm]) Lower Bank — FR8T1332
(Gap 0.051 in [1.30 mm])
That is what they gave me Bosch SP FR8TE2 AA which is exactly the same as FR8TE2.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Oh my bad I misread your post. LOL

No its not a dealer only plug, you just have to specify the part # at napa or wherever.

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
Oh my bad I misread your post. LOL

No its not a dealer only plug, you just have to specify the part # at napa or wherever.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone replace the side bank plugs? I am having a heck of a time finding them in the 2011 4.7L flexfuel engine.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts