DODGE RAM FORUM banner

Best 4.7 tuners

• Total voters
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, a friend of mine is offering to sell me his DS Predator to me for $120. Would I be better off waiting for a good deal on the superchips. I have an 08 4.7.

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
Not a bad deal. I'd prefer a superchips but diablo is good too. If you do any towing I'd get the superchips, otherwise go ahead and spring for that deal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
What tune would I do to increase fuel economy. I love my truck. It drives great but it eats fuel up like no tomorrow. 295 miles on a full tank (24 gallons) that's pretty shitty and everyone tells me I should be getting better because I have the 4.7L motor in my truck

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
That's terrible gas mileage. I'd suggest you figure out why it is so low before buying a tuner, you need to get the engine to good order first. A tuner may give you 1 or 2 mpg but I get about 16 city and 21 hwy with my 4.7L.

Are the spark plugs oem? Any check engine light codes? Is it lifted, oversized tires? What modifications are done to the intake? Any other modifications?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah I was getting 13-15 on mine too some 4.7s drink lots of gas esp the early one but of course I was rolling 24s but it only made a small difference

And the 4.7 gets about the same mpg's as the 5.7 needing more to get the truck moving it works harder generally early 4.7s get about one mpg better then the hemi

·
Registered
306 Posts
�� yeah it's bad

·
Registered
21 Posts
Also any ideas on the best spark plugs to use, on a good day hwy use it get bout 15mpg so trying to tune up some before getting into major mods, already did new cam and crank sensors, any other ideas.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Anyone know what's the best performance COP to go with on the 05 4.7 wanna do some mods before going to the programmer, what all would be good to go with on that and cold air intake and other mods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just curious but I'm assuming the lower horsepower 4.7 is the one have that is a flex fuel.Mine is an 07 and ive been wanting to do some power upgrades pretty badly considering i lost alot of power distribution when i put on my 35x12.50 MT'S

·
Registered
13,680 Posts
yes 07 and older is the lower power 4.7, and 08 and newer is the higher power 4.7. They still have tuners for your truck which are a decent gain, just not as much gain as the newer engines achieve.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts