DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone first post here. I got a 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L with 8k Miles on it. This is my first truck that i ever owned, seeing how i owned jeeps since i could drive. My Question is will the lil 4.7L Handle pushing the 35in tires . i plan on getting a 6" Rough country lift and throw some bigger tires. I just havent heard anything about the 4.7L pushing them... Thanks

·
Some Assembly Required
7,205 Posts
With 35's and a 6" lift, I would suggest a gear upgrade...3.92's at least.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have a 09 4.7 6" lift turning 35s, bascially i never leave it in over drive, around town it isnt bad, just on the interestate its a lil anoying, hopefully getting gears in next two weeks

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have a 2008, 4.7 with 35"s on stock gearing. The change is minimal though it will def hurt your mpg a bit. I don't have a problem with gear hunting at all. I get 13 city, 17 freeway, depending on how I drive.

It has plenty of power, gears would certainly help, but it isn't bad in the least.

·
Registered
13,697 Posts
It will be ok, but it will of course feel a little slower and city mpg will drop a little. If you have 3.55 it will be more noticeable than if you have 3.92. It's definitely doable though. Highway mileage shouldn't change much if at all.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I dunno....looks like a 6" lift to me....definitely 4" at the least...

according to pictures alone. if those really are 35s. than my 3" lift sits almost an inch higher than his 6. Now, im no scholar but im pretty sure 6 is suppose to be more than 3 :4-dontknow:

Oh well. I guess its not my truck nor my issue.

Unless it has something to do with the new body style and my eyes are playing tricks on me!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Change your gears and you will be just fine.

Without them the 4.7 will be in and out of overdrive a lot. I wish I would have held out for a Hemi.
I have a 07 its the towing package and I believe the gearing is 3.00 not exactly sure couldnt find a exact answer i was going to run 35’s on 24x12 was just curious?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.