DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be ordering a new 2019 ram 1500. If I get it with the 4 corner air suspension and then lift it about 3 inches will that affect the suspensions functionality?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had air suspension in my previous truck. Only lift available was from BDS and it was pricy. It didn’t change the way the suspension functioned but I had a lot of air suspension issues. They had to basically disconnect the air bags to install the lift. Also the frame had to have cutting done to accommodate the lift. Myself. I will never have air suspension again.

·
Super Moderator
34,749 Posts
I didn't (and still don't) see a benefit to the air suspension when I bought my Ram. I drove coil and air suspensions back to back and the ride was the same, and the air setup adds cost, complexity, and potential for failure.

If you tow and haul then the air suspension can stiffen up to handle the load better, but you can also add supplemental airbags or stronger springs for a lot cheaper than the cost of the option. The ability to raise and lower the truck does nothing for me.

If you plan to lift there's no way I'd get it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts