DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The classic question 4" lift or 6"lift? Theres a fine line between aggressive looking and hill billy lifted. I think a 4 inch lift with 35" tires could be the perfect fit but not sure if moving up to the 6" would still look well rounded and not show huge wheel wells.

Does anyone have some pics of there 4inch lift set up?

If theres any set up that has a really aggressive feel please share!

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Honestly for the small increase in price I would definitely go 6" over 4". In reality a 4" lift could cost more IMO because if I went 4" I would go with Zone over Rough Country because of their rear lift set up. Zone actually gives you new coil springs while Rough Country just gives you a spacer.

I plan on running a 6" RCX kit with Bilsteins at 1.4" (so 7.4" of lift) on 35's. Another member on the forum, RyanB, is running that exact same set up and I think it looks great. Here's a link to his thread. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142357

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
35's on a 4" look great, almost a little stuffed but good looking. 6" rcx is about the end of 35's looking good after that they look a little smaller...but it depends on the truck. some guys like ryanb pulled it off, but my buddies truck just don't look right , and mine well thats another story haha.

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Honestly for the small increase in price I would definitely go 6" over 4". In reality a 4" lift could cost more IMO because if I went 4" I would go with Zone over Rough Country because of their rear lift set up. Zone actually gives you new coil springs while Rough Country just gives you a spacer.

I plan on running a 6" RCX kit with Bilsteins at 1.4" (so 7.4" of lift) on 35's. Another member on the forum, RyanB, is running that exact same set up and I think it looks great. Here's a link to his thread. http://www.ramforumz.com/showthread.php?t=142357
Brandon, has spot of info....but wanted to clarify the zone 4" lift.
The kit comes with the 2" rear coil spacer, but zone gives you the option to get a 3" coil/spring for an additional $77.
This would then give you a better kit over the RCX.
However, the 4" zone kit with 2" spacer is $1400 vs RCX $1249 for the same thing.

·
Registered
573 Posts
The classic question 4" lift or 6"lift? Theres a fine line between aggressive looking and hill billy lifted. I think a 4 inch lift with 35" tires could be the perfect fit but not sure if moving up to the 6" would still look well rounded and not show huge wheel wells.

Does anyone have some pics of there 4inch lift set up?

If theres any set up that has a really aggressive feel please share!
Most everyone here is going to say skip the 4" and just go up to the 6" lift. It's only an extra $100. You'll regret it later if you don't. I was like you and wanted an aggressive looking truck without looking "hillbilly" lifted. lol love that btw. I also had to factor in the fact that up here I drive around with 33" winter tires on for half the year and I wanted to have a proportional looking truck year round. I think a 6" lift on 33's looks dumb. Too much fender gap for my liking. So I was dead set on the 4" and haven't regretted it for one second.

Reactions: fastNugly @ RP

·
Registered
573 Posts
Thanks everyone and thanks Fast for the rep!

·
Registered
18,033 Posts
Wow Rayne I love that set up! deffs going with the 4inch with 35's now. It has an aggressive look without a huge wheel well gap. Sick truck buddy!
If you need pricing on a lift let me know.... :smileup:

Yes Rayne, your truck convinced me as well.
You sir already know we have it.
Hope the cover is going well for you

·
Registered
277 Posts
You sir already know we have it.
Hope the cover is going well for you
Ha! Ha!, ya I know, but when I do it I will also get wheels and tires. So it will be some time before I save up for that.

The cover has been great.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.