DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
'17 Laramie 4x4 crew cap

Looking to upgrade w/ a superlift 4" lift and want to pair with 17" wheels w/ -12 offset & 35x12.5 tires. Any guidance on whether i will have ossues with 17's?

Thanks

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
With that tire size and wheel offset you wouldn't have an issue with a level so I don't see an issue with a 4" lift.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks NevadaMike. I gave seen elsewhere that there are potential issues with the 17" wheels creating rubbing issues with the Bilsteins in the mopar 4" kit. The Superlift 4" being basically the same, I was wondering if i should expect any issues.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
That will work very nicely. 17's are much better for off road as they will put more rubber between the tire and the rim. You will have no issues.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
That makes no sense at all. Is it something about just those rims?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not rim specific. The knuckle this superlift kit is just wide enough and extends withing the inner diameter of the wheel that 17s will simply
not work. They have a -12 offset and would need another ~2" spacer on top of the offset to clear it.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Ah.. The lift. Well that sucks. But, you did say you could trade for value. That makes it smart a little less. Post up some pics. I'd like to see it.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
Turned out nice. Good job.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts