DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer tells me today that the wait for 1500's is 3-4 months, im assuming that is just a sales pitch to get me to buy a truck thats currently on the lot. Feedback?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Feedback? Find another dealer. I ordered mine 11/28 and it's scheduled to arrive 1/13. And that is including Christmas and New Year's holidays.

BTW - There are great deals to be had on ordering new trucks as well. So don't let them strong arm you into paying too much.

good luck

·
Registered
86 Posts
^...what he said. Find another dealer that won't lie to you from the get go. 6-7 weeks is average. I was told 8-12 weeks from my dealer. I guess they really can't pinpoint a date for you, but for them to throw out 4 months is a little rediculous.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Turns out they have a sport arriving this month but it does not have the sunroof or leather bucket seat package i want. They say they can install those when it gets there, can I be confident in that? sounds like 2 pretty major things for a dealer to install.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Turns out they have a sport arriving this month but it does not have the sunroof or leather bucket seat package i want. They say they can install those when it gets there, can I be confident in that? sounds like 2 pretty major things for a dealer to install.
The seats I can see myself letting them do it, but the sunroof would make me think twice. Just have not heard good things about vehicles with them put in after they left the factory. It would all be warrantied but you would still have to deal with the headache if it leaked etc.

·
Registered
41 Posts
One of the dealerships I was working with tried to get me to settle on a truck they had in stock rather than getting exactly what I wanted. I was also very big on the sunroof and they tried to talk me ino an aftermarket one also, I left that dealership and found one closer to home that wanted to work with me and not just "make a sale" and ended up ordering the truck I wanted and at a price I was very happy with.... Go find a new dealer!
P.s. - I was told 2-3 months but also that they have been coming in much faster. Under promise/over deliver

·
Registered
159 Posts
Can't figure out how some people get their Ram's in 30 days and some take 90 days. I know distance is an issue. Ordered mine 11/3-originally scheduled for 12/ 8 delivery-now dealer says website shows 1/11 ship date. Do not have anything exotic ordered-Ram crew Laramie with bedliner with delivery to Illinois?

·
Registered
48 Posts
i ordered mine on Oct. 31. it has been built for over 3 weeks. sat at the area that they install the bedliner at for a few weeks then it has sat at a holding lot for another week. still not here. the delivery date that the dealer was given was dec 13. i think this is pretty typical.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I don't think the spray-in bedliner is an afterthought. If you look at my factory spray in and the one I had done on my 2008 it looks totally different. There are parts of the bed that were added after the spray-in. On the order side of things.. I have ordered company cars for over 20 years some show up in 45 days some show up in 90 days

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well , the wait is over. my 2012 1500 sport has arrived!! i pick it up in the moring
Put up pics when you get it!

As to the original purpose of this thread, I am dealing with another dealership that is treating me much better and wants to work things out. I'll be ordering my sport this weekend. they said anywhere as early as 5 weeks to as late as 10.

·
Premium Member
32,782 Posts
Think about things like the RADIO, do NOT let them sell you on a RES 130, you won't be happy
Get the RBZ 430 with OUT navigation
or
RHB WITH NAV
also get the all the UCONNECT stuff right from the Factory, not a dealer install

other things are Remote start, Full gauges or IDIOT Lights, bucket seats or bench, Dual exhaust ?, power drivers seat?, bed length,
The big one is the rear gearing, 3.21, 3.55 with or without LSD, 3.92 with or without LSD, 4.11

Likely there are other things to consider also, paint color, floor mats, wheel type & size, ..........

·
Registered
159 Posts
ordered 11/3-shows up today friday 13th. Originally showed 12/8 delvery date. Dealer told me bedliner/side steps/fender flares all hold up units. Anyway-glad my sagebrush Laramie is here-pick it up Sat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts