DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to investigate installing a 4 seat bench seat in the back seats of a ram 1500? I have measured and the 4 seats out of a sprinter dont fit by 20mm. Has anyone ever looked into it? I'm trying to make a 7 seat ute. 3 in the front and 4 in the back. Thanks.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to investigate installing a 4 seat bench seat in the back seats of a ram 1500? I have measured and the 4 seats out of a sprinter dont fit by 20mm. Has anyone ever looked into it? I'm trying to make a 7 seat ute. 3 in the front and 4 in the back. Thanks.
I'm not familiar with 4 across seating but 20mm is only about 3/4" so it might be better to just pull some foam out of the Sprinter seatedges (10mm/side) or have an upholstery shop trim it back a bit.

·
Registered
2020 RAM 1500 Laramie 5.7 Hemi
21 Posts
Would that even be legal to install 4 seats in the back? We have some strange rules here in Oz when it comes to what is legal and what isn't. I remember asking the sales guy at the dealership why the front middle seat of the Express was bolted down and he mentioned it was because of compliance reasons. Might be worth checking with your local government body before you rip the back seat out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.