DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Suspension guru's. I'm not the most educated when it comes to lifting. However, I have done some research. I've been lookinging into lifting my truck for a while now and I think I have it narrowed down to the Zone 4 Inch lift for my 2012 Ram 1500 4x4. I feel its the best bang for your buck, as it is made by BDS with thier quality, yet not as expensive. I want FOX 2.0 coilovers in the front and the 2.0s in the rear. I know the rears are possible because bullys has them as an upgrade with the kit on thier website. So heres the question, Can i run the 2.0 Coilovers with the kit?? Also, I currently have a Hell Bent Steel Leveling kit intalled. I assume I'd have to unintall that in order to have the lift kit and coilovers. Thanks in advance! Any help is much appreciated.:thk:

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
Yup, you can definitely run the Fox coilovers on the front with a lift. It's essentially the same as running Bilsteins with the kit. Rather than using the stock struts you'll just install the Zone lift spacer on top of the Fox coilover and call it a day

You can leave the HBS leveling kit on the stock struts and get rid of both. You won't need them with the lift and coilovers.

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
That's going to be a badass setup. You will be very happy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input ya'll! It'll still be a while before I purchase everything, but i have decided that's what I'm going with.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any bullys performance reps out there that can offer me a good deal on the shocks?? So far I've found em for $950 for all four corners. $360 per front, $115 per back, with free shipping.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I was going to just ask the same question. But was going to also check and see if the rancho coil overs would work with the zone 4" kit as well. Plan on running a level for about 6months b4 I end up lifting it

·
Premium Member
6,931 Posts
The Fox coil overs will level it. Then get your lift.

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
I was going to just ask the same question. But was going to also check and see if the rancho coil overs would work with the zone 4" kit as well. Plan on running a level for about 6months b4 I end up lifting it
Are you referring to the Rancho Quicklifts? That's not a coil over, it's a strut. Bit of a different system. I wouldn't get the Quicklifts if you want to run them with the lift since they aren't height adjustable.

If you're referring to an actual coil over that Rancho has post up the link so I can see exactly what you're talking about.

·
Registered
42 Posts
They are the loaded strut I thought it was the same thing just a different name... they are adjustable tho... from 1 to 2.5" of lift. The ranch quick lifts are just so much cheaper plus there also on sale

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
They are the loaded strut I thought it was the same thing just a different name... they are adjustable tho... from 1 to 2.5" of lift. The ranch quick lifts are just so much cheaper plus there also on sale
Nope. The Rancho loaded quicklifts are set at 2.25" of lift. You can adjust the dampening not the height.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If you go with the Rancho Quicklifts (2.25") and the Zone 4" lift kit with 3" rear springs, your truck will be pretty darn close to level. :smileup:

·
Registered
42 Posts
The new Rancho Loaded quickLIFT technology includes the application-matched of quickLIFT with the addition of coil spring and upper mounting plate and no extra cost. Rancho Loaded quickLIFT is finished in liquid metallic silver. This new product is very easy to install for shops and do-it-yourselfers because it is one full suspension unit and generally can put on the vehicle in twenty minutes per corner. Loaded quickLIFT provides 1 to 2.5 inches of additional lift, allowing for the use of larger wheel and tire packages up to 35 inches, which provides an aggressive vehicle stance. Rancho Loaded quickLIFT uses nine point tuning technology that easily adjust your ride quality and performance. It is also compatible with SEMA award winning Rancho MyRIDE Wireless Controller which allows you to control the units wirelessly from the cab. The Rancho Loaded quickLIFT is covered by a limited lifetime warranty and exclusive 90-day Performance and Ride Guarantee, an offer that lets enthusiasts try the Loaded quickLIFT product for 90 days. Consumers can return the product within 90 days for a full refund of its purchase price. Check our www.gorancho.com website to find the Loaded quickLIFT part numbers for your vehicle

Boosted you were telling me b4 ( I have an outdoorsman) that I can only go 2" with out risk of the 4wheel drive shutter

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
The new Rancho Loaded quickLIFT technology includes the application-matched of quickLIFT with the addition of coil spring and upper mounting plate and no extra cost. Rancho Loaded quickLIFT is finished in liquid metallic silver. This new product is very easy to install for shops and do-it-yourselfers because it is one full suspension unit and generally can put on the vehicle in twenty minutes per corner. Loaded quickLIFT provides 1 to 2.5 inches of additional lift, allowing for the use of larger wheel and tire packages up to 35 inches, which provides an aggressive vehicle stance. Rancho Loaded quickLIFT uses nine point tuning technology that easily adjust your ride quality and performance. It is also compatible with SEMA award winning Rancho MyRIDE Wireless Controller which allows you to control the units wirelessly from the cab. The Rancho Loaded quickLIFT is covered by a limited lifetime warranty and exclusive 90-day Performance and Ride Guarantee, an offer that lets enthusiasts try the Loaded quickLIFT product for 90 days. Consumers can return the product within 90 days for a full refund of its purchase price. Check our www.gorancho.com website to find the Loaded quickLIFT part numbers for your vehicle

Boosted you were telling me b4 ( I have an outdoorsman) that I can only go 2" with out risk of the 4wheel drive shutter
What they're saying is that depending on the vehicle they will lift it between 1" and 2.5". They are not adjustsble between those numbers. Here's their page for the Quicklifts for an actual Ram 1500. It clearly states that they provide 2.25" of height.

http://www.gorancho.com/suspension.php?make=Dodge&model=12_dodge_ram_1500#quicklift

You can argue with me all you want but at the end of the day if you order them you will find out that they are not height adjustsble. If you want height adjustable struts to level out a 4" lift you need Bilstein 5100's. That's the plain and simple answer.

·
Registered
737 Posts

Yes, that is correct....you should not go more than a 2" (spacer) lift on your Outdoorsman UNLESS you change out the front struts which you would be doing if you went with the ReadyLifts. The stock Outdoorsman strut is .50 longer which gives it added .75" of lift.

·
Registered
737 Posts
If you want height adjustable struts to level out a 4" lift you need Bilstein 5100's. That's the plain and simple answer.
I agree with Brandon 99.9% of the time but in this case, I am going to only partially agree. :gy:

• If you want a fully adjustable strut, go with coil overs.

• If you want some adjust-ability in your strut, then go with Bilstein 5100's

• If you want to go with a Zone 4" lift with 3" rear coils (what I would recommend) then you will be fine with the Rancho QuickLifts.
Allow me to try and explain why....

In the past when the RCX 4" lifts were the hot ticket, most guys were going with Bilsteins up front set at 1.4" to get level. Now that the Zone 4" kits are the hot ticket, you will find that most guys are going with the 3" rear spring option and Bilsteins set at 2.1" to get level. Even at that setting, many are stating that they still have a slight rake. That being said, the Rancho Quicklifts (2.25") should get you pretty darn close to being level. In fact, I am willing to bet money that you will not be nose high. Will you have adjust-ability? Nope, but you wont need it either.

Of course, your best option is to get coil overs and be able to set it at any point you want. :smileup:

·
Premium Member
8,090 Posts
I agree with Brandon 99.9% of the time but in this case, I am going to only partially agree. :gy:

• If you want a fully adjustable strut, go with coil overs.

• If you want some adjust-ability in your strut, then go with Bilstein 5100's

• If you want to go with a Zone 4" lift with 3" rear coils (what I would recommend) then you will be fine with the Rancho QuickLifts.
Allow me to try and explain why....

In the past when the RCX 4" lifts were the hot ticket, most guys were going with Bilsteins up front set at 1.4" to get level. Now that the Zone 4" kits are the hot ticket, you will find that most guys are going with the 3" rear spring option and Bilsteins set at 2.1" to get level. Even at that setting, many are stating that they still have a slight rake. That being said, the Rancho Quicklifts (2.25") should get you pretty darn close to being level. In fact, I am willing to bet money that you will not be nose high. Will you have adjust-ability? Nope, but you wont need it either.

Of course, your best option is to get coil overs and be able to set it at any point you want. :smileup:
That's going to depend on the stock rake of the truck. A Zone 4" kit gives a true 4" of front end lift (unlike the 6" kits). So a Zone 4" kit with 3" rear coils removes 1" of rake from the truck. Most guys will need Bilsteins set at 1.4" to level that out properly (removing 2.4" of rake altogether). If Rancho Quicklifts are used adding another 2.25" it's essentially like removing 3.25" of rake. Very few trucks actually have that much rake stock. 2.75"-3" is more common. Therefore the truck would end up sitting nose high.
Is it possible that you're mixing up the Zone 4" and 6" kits? The actually lift heights for them vary which does change how things are calculated.

I do agree that coilovers are the best option for full adjustability but they're also overkill for the average guy. Bilsteins are more practical to get the job done. But it all depends on what the user wants to spend and what their end goals are.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Brandon I wasn't arguing I was just stating what the site said and the way they had it worded sounded like they were adjustable from 1-2.25 inches of lift. Thanks for the input tho Brandon and Boosted. Boosted did you end up putting the coilovers on your truck yet?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.