DODGE RAM FORUM banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanna go bigger on my tire sizes but I’m not sure what I can fit.
i have a 6” BDS suspension lift and I’m installing a pre runner style front bumper to open up the room I have on the front wheel wells.
do you guys think it’s possible to fit 40 X 13:50 M/Ts if I change out the front bumper?

·
Registered
395 Posts
From the BDS website:

6" Coil-Over Lift Kit | 2009-2011 Dodge / Ram 1500 Truck 4WD | 622F | BDS Suspension (bds-suspension.com)
  • Tire & Wheel Combinations
  • 37" x 13.50" w/17 x 9 and 4-1/2" back spacing
  • 37" x 13.50" w/18 or 20 x 9 and 5" back spacing
  • Trimming may be required
I'm assuming that accommodates turning too. I'm sure you could fit 40's in the wheel wells (depending on wheel specs and backspacing) but I don't know how far you will be able to turn the wheel before the tires rub on something (e.g. inner fender, fender liner, quarter panel).

You could call BDS and ask them. 37" is the recommended max but they might know if 40's would be a possibility.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
1500 or HD? 6" lift on a 1500 is way different than a 6" on an HD truck. Do you have the gears to back up 40's?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Since this thread is in the LD RAM - Ram 1500 forum I assumed it was a 1/2 ton.

The OP mentioned they already have the 6" lift so I figured the truck already has 35" or 37" tires and the OP is okay with the current performance/gearing (whether it's OEM or aftermarket).

"Can it fit" and "will it handle it" are two different animals. ;)

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Since this thread is in the LD RAM - Ram 1500 forum I assumed it was a 1/2 ton.

The OP mentioned they already have the 6" lift so I figured the truck already has 35" or 37" tires and the OP is okay with the current performance/gearing (whether it's OEM or aftermarket).

"Can it fit" and "will it handle it" are two different animals. ;)

People put questions in the wrong forum spots all the time lol, in my line of work I don't have a lot of faith in people lol.

Reactions: brian42
1 - 6 of 6 Posts