DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
It is somewhat frustrating what these radios dont have designed into them. Id be interested in this answer as well, but the best way I found to get somewhat of a shuffle is to organize your songs by title (i think)....that way its still going to play them in order, but at least not by artist.

Hopefully someone has found a way. Not to hijack your thread but im curious to know if you can go through your presets the opposite way?....i.e. Go back to a preset u may have passed using the steering wheel buttons?

Edit.....actually, I just looked and if you hit menu while in hdd you can choose random.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Not sure on the 430, but on the 730 there was no option to until I upgraded to the latest software version 2.120. then shuffle, replay buttons appeared

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Just hit the Setup hard button while listening to your HDD music and the Shuffle option is on the screen. I have the 430 without NAV.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks to you guys, I found the shuffle button! So, I go to the "Songs" subdirectory, go to menu, check "Random", go back to the main directory and press play. No problem. However, when I decide I don't want to listen to a particular song, I hit the forward arrow key to go on to the next song and it freezes. If I hit play, it continues to play the song until I hit forward arrow again, when it then again freezes. About half the time, if I let the song play out it randomly goes to another song. But about half the time it freezes again. Anybody else had this problem?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally found the answer. If there is a disc in the CD drive, the HDD will not shuffle on "Songs" directory. If I take the disc out, it works fine.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Spoke too soon. This morning had the same problem even with no disc in the drive.

Is anyone else having this problem - freezing when you press the advance button while in shuffle mode on the HDD?

This really is very frustrating, as it only does it in the Songs directory, not Albums, Folders, Artists, etc. But, of course, I want to shuffle through ALL songs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts