DODGE RAM FORUM banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody:

The random function of my 430n works fine when using it in the "Artist", "Folders", and "Genre" sub-directories. However, when I check the random box in the "Songs" sub-directory, random play doesn't work at all. In fact, after the first song I pick is over, it just stops playing - period. It won't go to the next song (random or in order) at all, even if I press the next arrow. If I physically touch a song on the key pad, it plays fine until it gets to the end of that song where it just freezes again.

I'm just flummoxed as to why random would work in every sub-directory except "Songs" (which, of course, is the one I want to use most).

Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
All right. There's always a way. No matter how stupid.

Currently, I have 1700 songs burned to the HDD, with another 1300 or so to go. I did a little test. I went to the "Songs" folder, and saved the first 13 to "Favorites". Then I went to the "Favorites" folder, set Random, and pushed play. No problem. It performed exactly how it should. It finished one song and went to another of the 13 songs randomly, just as it did when I hit Forward.

Good grief. I guess I'll just have to save every song to the "Favorites" folder.

Seriously? Am I really the only one out there having this problem?

By the way, I did a hard reset of the 430n, but that made no difference.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the plus side, I discovered this morning that when I did the hard reset of the 430n yesterday, I got back the turn-by-turn directions on the EVIC which had stopped happening when I had the remote starter installed by the dealer.

Fun things, these electronics....

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pulled the "Main Ignition Off Draw" (IOD) fuse (fuse J13 on the 2012). You don't remove the fuse, you just pull it up till it stops. Then, you go to your Media Center and hold the "Load" button for 10 seconds to discharge. Do all this with the ignition off, by the way. Then, just push the IOD fuse back into place.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks, this is good information to know/file away.

Pulled the "Main Ignition Off Draw" (IOD) fuse (fuse J13 on the 2012). You don't remove the fuse, you just pull it up till it stops. Then, you go to your Media Center and hold the "Load" button for 10 seconds to discharge. Do all this with the ignition off, by the way. Then, just push the IOD fuse back into place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts